* Help with record contributions
@ 2021-04-07 12:52 Beatriz Martins de Carvalho
From: Beatriz Martins de Carvalho @ 2021-04-07 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: outreachy-kernel

Hello!
How I record a patchset? I use the link to cover letter and describe
each patch or I use the link to each patch?

Thanks in advance,

Beatriz Martins de Carvalho

* Re: [Outreachy kernel] Help with record contributions
@ 2021-04-07 13:14 ` Vaishali Thakkar
From: Vaishali Thakkar @ 2021-04-07 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Beatriz Martins de Carvalho; +Cc: Outreachy

On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 2:52 PM Beatriz Martins de Carvalho
<martinsdecarvalhobeatriz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello!
> How I record a patchset? I use the link to cover letter and describe
> each patch or I use the link to each patch?

Has it been added to staging-testing by Greg? You can then just put
the web link of that git tree. Please don't record contributions with the
mailing list links at this point because it'll then be difficult for us to
review your contributions if you put links to every patch you've ever
submitted.

For example, you can just record one contribution as cleanup patches
with following link for each project you're applying and you're done:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git/log/?h=staging-testing&qt=grep&q=Beatriz+Martins+de+Carvalho

Make sure to record solutions of project specific tasks as separate
contributions. :)

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Beatriz Martins de Carvalho

Vaishali

* Re: [Outreachy kernel] Help with record contributions
@ 2021-04-07 13:52   ` Beatriz Martins de Carvalho
From: Beatriz Martins de Carvalho @ 2021-04-07 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vaishali Thakkar; +Cc: Outreachy

Em 07/04/21 14:14, Vaishali Thakkar escreveu:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2021 at 2:52 PM Beatriz Martins de Carvalho
> <martinsdecarvalhobeatriz@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello!
>> How I record a patchset? I use the link to cover letter and describe
>> each patch or I use the link to each patch?
> Has it been added to staging-testing by Greg? You can then just put
> the web link of that git tree. Please don't record contributions with the
> mailing list links at this point because it'll then be difficult for us to
> review your contributions if you put links to every patch you've ever
> submitted.
Yes! It has been added!
> For example, you can just record one contribution as cleanup patches
> with following link for each project you're applying and you're done:
>
> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/gregkh/staging.git/log/?h=staging-testing&qt=grep&q=Beatriz+Martins+de+Carvalho
ah! I was thinking that that was necessary to record each cleanup
patches! I will do this that you presented to me.
> Make sure to record solutions of project specific tasks as separate
> contributions. :)

Understood, I just send a message to the projects' mentors that I would
like work, to know what I need to do for the next steps.
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Beatriz Martins de Carvalho
>>
>> --

> Vaishali