* Someplace to contribute: documentation
@ 2015-12-21  1:27 Stephen & Linda Smith
From: Stephen & Linda Smith @ 2015-12-21  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

I've been looking over the git source tree to see if there is some place where I can
contribute.   It appears that there are some suggestions at the bottom of
the userguide.  Does anyone have other places that they would like
worked on first?  If not I will start with one of the suggestions.

sps

* Re: Someplace to contribute: documentation
@ 2015-12-21 19:55 ` Stephen & Linda Smith
From: Stephen & Linda Smith @ 2015-12-21 19:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

On Sunday, December 20, 2015 06:27:56 PM Stephen & Linda Smith wrote:
> I've been looking over the git source tree to see if there is some place where I can
> contribute.   It appears that there are some suggestions at the bottom of
> the userguide.  Does anyone have other places that they would like
> worked on first?  If not I will start with one of the suggestions.

I am looking at the documentation for shallow clones and it apears either that
the name  has changed over time to shallow repositories or there needs
to be a glossary entry and some cross references.     Are they two separate
things?   If not, what is the sematic difference?

* Re: Someplace to contribute: documentation
@ 2015-12-21 19:58   ` Eric Sunshine
From: Eric Sunshine @ 2015-12-21 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stephen & Linda Smith; +Cc: Git List

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 2:55 PM, Stephen & Linda Smith <ischis2@cox.net> wrote:
> On Sunday, December 20, 2015 06:27:56 PM Stephen & Linda Smith wrote:
>> I've been looking over the git source tree to see if there is some place where I can
>> contribute.   It appears that there are some suggestions at the bottom of
>> the userguide.  Does anyone have other places that they would like
>> worked on first?  If not I will start with one of the suggestions.

The two commonly cited sources of small project ideas are:

http://git-blame.blogspot.de/p/leftover-bits.html

https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/SmallProjectsIdeas