From: Devin Heitmueller <devin.heitmueller@gmail.com>
To: Christopher Pascoe <linuxdvb@itee.uq.edu.au>
Cc: video4linux-list@redhat.com
Subject: Re: No scan with DViCo FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual Express
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 12:58:37 -0400	[thread overview]

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 1:39 AM, Christopher Pascoe
<linuxdvb@itee.uq.edu.au> wrote:
> (Hopefully this email will join the thread - I just joined the list briefly
> so I could post.)
>
> I had a few minutes while stuck on a bus and had a look at the code in
> v4l-dvb tip.  It appears that the driver there has at least two problems -
> it resets the wrong (or no) tuner in the callback and it potentially locks
> up the I2C bus through tinkering with the zl10353's gate_control logic.  The
> first alone would cause an "incorrect readback of firmware version" message
> after the first tune.  The second would explain the device subids
> disappearing and your having to use card=11 for the board to be found.
>
> Try the patch at
> http://www.itee.uq.edu.au/~chrisp/Linux-DVB/DVICO/dual-digital-express-dvb-t-fix-20090407-1.patch.
>  It probably addresses these two issues (it's not even compile tested,
> so
> if it doesn't build I'm sure you get the idea) and see if it makes any
> difference.
>
> Regards,
> Chris

Hello Christopher,

I was in the process of getting a tree together so I could issue a
PULL request for this patch.  However, it seems that the server
referenced above hosting the patch is now showing network timeouts.

Could you please re-send the patch to the list directly?  I've got the
Tested-By line from the user (John Knops) and am working on getting an
SOB by stoth so I can issue the PULL request.

Thanks,

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller