* [U-Boot-Users] Nand vs Nor flash
@ 2007-03-27  3:06 harsh poshtiwala
From: harsh poshtiwala @ 2007-03-27  3:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Friends,

I am trying to bring up the development board which has ARM926EJS
processor on it.I am trying to  port u-boot and Linux kernel on FLASH
memory of the board.These are 2 development board from ST
microelectronics.One has NAND Flash while the other has NOR flash

I just flashed kernel.uimg and initrd.gz.uimg to NAND device. I had to
combine both the images in to kerenl.jffs2.

Now i require to Flash another board (with the same kernel.uimg and
initrd.gz.uimg) which has NOR device (Memory).I learned that i need to
flash both the images seperately one by one. ( not as i did with NAND
in which i combine both images into kerenl.jffs2)
I don't understand reason behind this two different flashing
mechanism. Could you please provide me information on this?

--
Thanks & Regards
Harsh

* [U-Boot-Users] NAND vs NOR Flash
@ 2007-03-27  3:00 Harshad Poshtiwala
From: Harshad Poshtiwala @ 2007-03-27  3:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Friends,

  I am trying to bring up the development board which has ARM926EJS processor on it.I am trying to  port u-boot and Linux kernel on FLASH memory of the board.These are 2 development board from ST microelectronics.One has NAND Flash while the other has NOR flash

I just flashed kernel.uimg and initrd.gz.uimg to NAND device. I had to combine both the images in to kerenl.jffs2.

Now i require to Flash another board (with the same kernel.uimg and initrd.gz.uimg) which has NOR device (Memory).I learned that i need to flash both the images seperately one by one. ( not as i did with NAND in which i combine both images into kerenl.jffs2)

  I don't understand reason behind this two different flashing mechanism. Could you please provide me information on this?

  Regards
  Harsh

 Get your own web address.