* Using RSA SecurID (EAP) authentication with pptp and pppd
@ 2004-10-11 13:09 Bradley Kieser
From: Bradley Kieser @ 2004-10-11 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-ppp

Has anyone been able to log onto a VPN that uses SecurID for
authentication?

I have installed the RSA SecurID PAM authentication module for the
SecurID card. However, I cannot get pptp to use SecurID ... whenever I
try and start the tunnel, it errors with EAP as an unknown
authentication type and crashes out.

THere HAS to be a way, surely, of telling pptp to use the SecurID PAM
athentication when it tries to connect to the VPN that I need it for?

As a dedicated Linux person, what really winds me up is that for once,
in windows, it is easy! You just install the relevant DLLs and you get a
popup window when you first log in , which you enter the securID details
into... and bingo! You are in.

I really want to get this working in Linux! I don't want to use M$!

If anyone can help, please do so!

I am running Mandrake 10.0.

Thanks,

Brad

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-10-11 13:09 UTC | newest]