* UDP multicast buffer
@ 2021-04-30  4:28 Doug Rorem
From: Doug Rorem @ 2021-04-30  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

29-apr
Hi,

I have an application to buffer UDP multicast
video packets sometimes arriving in bursts over
an IPsec VPN link over the internet.

I'd like to create a buffer with a tc queue
[tbq?] to even out the arrivals.

I would like to have an egress rule setup to
output at the average input rate (determined
from the kernel avrate estimator). Since the
video can come from multiple cameras with
varied resolutions, there's no way to know
the incoming data rate ahead of time.

I've seen some limited information on using
the avrate parameter in policing options for
filters, but for my need I'd want it for shaping.

Would tc work for this application? Any information
to help me configure it would be appreciated.
Also - if there's any examples available of how
to do this it would be helpful as well.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Doug Rorem
University of Illinois at Chicago

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-04-30  4:28 UTC | newest]