* dynamic block minor registration
@ 2004-11-09 17:18 Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
From: Carl-Daniel Hailfinger @ 2004-11-09 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

in my quest for a unified /dev/disk I found some code in device-mapper
which seems to handle dynamic block minor registration. Are there any
plans to move that code out of device-mapper and make it available for
all block device drivers?

IIRC there was also a limitation that one block major could not be
shared between different drivers, even if the minor ranges they wanted
didn't overlap. Is this still the case?

Regards,
Carl-Daniel
--
http://www.hailfinger.org/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-11-09 17:18 UTC | newest]