* making PDF docs, error in fop step, "Can't load standard profile: sRGB.pf"
@ 2012-06-27 17:39 Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2012-06-27 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto discussion list

  for the first time in a while, i tried to build the PDF docs, and
every attempt ends with a java exception on my 64-bit ubuntu system
containing the diagnostic:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't load standard profile: sRGB.pf

  i've isolated it to the "fop" invocation in poky-docbook-to-pdf.
i'm using openjdk-7, and it appears that i do have that file installed
on my system.

  i have to bolt for the airport to pick someone up so i can't dig any
deeper right this minute, but if anyone else has seen this and has an
answer, i'd appreciate it.  can anyone else at least verify that they
get the same error if they try it on a similar system?  thanks.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca

* Re: making PDF docs, error in fop step, "Can't load standard profile: sRGB.pf"
@ 2012-06-27 19:47 ` Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2012-06-27 19:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yocto discussion list

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012, Robert P. J. Day wrote:

>   for the first time in a while, i tried to build the PDF docs, and
> every attempt ends with a java exception on my 64-bit ubuntu system
> containing the diagnostic:
>
> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't load standard profile: sRGB.pf
>
>   i've isolated it to the "fop" invocation in poky-docbook-to-pdf.
> i'm using openjdk-7, and it appears that i do have that file installed
> on my system.
>
>   i have to bolt for the airport to pick someone up so i can't dig any
> deeper right this minute, but if anyone else has seen this and has an
> answer, i'd appreciate it.  can anyone else at least verify that they
> get the same error if they try it on a similar system?  thanks.

  it *seems* fairly clear that this is what's happening to me:

when i try to generate yocto docs in PDF format on my ubuntu 12.04
system using openjdk.  and on that note, i'm going back to my beer and
wings.

@ 2012-06-27 19:54   ` Rifenbark, Scott M
From: Rifenbark, Scott M @ 2012-06-27 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Robert P. J. Day, Yocto discussion list

Robert,

So you do think it is a carry-over of that openjdk-6 error?  I thought the error output was very similar.

Scott

@ 2012-06-27 20:06     ` Robert P. J. Day
From: Robert P. J. Day @ 2012-06-27 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rifenbark, Scott M; +Cc: Yocto discussion list

On Wed, 27 Jun 2012, Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:

> Robert,
>
> So you do think it is a carry-over of that openjdk-6 error?  I
> thought the error output was very similar.

  i'm digging into it now - that bug report implied that it had been
addressed back in openjdk-6, so it's clearly returned under some
circumstances.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca