* Frame Buffer and Y Cb Cr
@ 2005-01-07 21:13 Federico Lucifredi
From: Federico Lucifredi @ 2005-01-07 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello All,
    I am working on a fb driver for linux in an embedded PPC setup. I
have it working as far as linux is concerned, and I also understand the
video card side of the problem.

    My trouble is: Linux sends me R G B and the hardware expects Y Cb
Cr. As things work through a memory-mapped file, I am at a loss for an
"intelligent" way to intercept and convert these values.

    Any suggestions ?

    Best - Federico

-- "'Problem' is a bleak word for challenge" - Richard Fish

Muad'Dib of Caladan (Federico L. Lucifredi)- Harvard University & BU
http://metcs.bu.edu/~lucifred

* Re: Frame Buffer and Y Cb Cr
@ 2005-01-07 22:30 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2005-01-07 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

In message <41DEFB89.5060404@acm.org> you wrote:

>     My trouble is: Linux sends me R G B and the hardware expects Y Cb
> Cr. As things work through a memory-mapped file, I am at a loss for an
> "intelligent" way to intercept and convert these values.

Have a look at the arch/ppc/8xx_io/viedo* files in our old  linux-2.4
tree  on the CVS server - this driver is for the video contoller on a
MPC823 wich needs YCbCr.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd@denx.de
Sometimes a feeling is all we humans have to go on.
	-- Kirk, "A Taste of Armageddon", stardate 3193.9