* [LARTC] Weird routing problem (2 internet connections)
@ 2005-01-26 17:18 Gerry Demaret
From: Gerry Demaret @ 2005-01-26 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lartc

Hello,

I have a very strange problem that I can't seem to be able to figure out.

First of all: my network scheme: http://heavyg.safehex.be/network.png

I have an agreement with my neighbour that I can use his wireless
network to experiment with extra internet uplinks in exchange for some
filesharing etc.
Now I have set up a wireless router at my place, that connects to his
network. All this works nicely, if I connect my laptop to that router
(WRT54Gs) I can use it as a gateway, internet works, cool. So far, so good.
Now, I would like to connect that router to my main gateway running
GNU/Linux 2.6.10 and already providing basic routing services through
eth0 and 1. I used an extra network card (eth2) to connect the WRT54Gs
and assigned an IP to it in another range.
Now the strange part: from the gateway I am able to ping the WRT54Gs,
but I cannot telnet, ssh, htpp, whatever to it. I used tcpdump on that
interface, and I see the packets going out, but not comming back.. I
really don't understand.
Can someone please give me a hint which routes to use? I tried following
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html but the result is
the same.. only ping works. From 192.168.0.0/24 (internal network),
nothing works towards 192.168.2.0/24 except pinging 192.168.2.1.

Thank you in advance,

Gerry.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-01-26 17:18 UTC | newest]