* rerror on installing dosemu-1.2.2
@ 2005-03-01 11:51 vanparijs henri
From: vanparijs henri @ 2005-03-01 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos

 Dear Sir,

This version of dosemu is to be installed on a Pentium-II 700MHz
PC/384MB ram/6GB HDD running the Symply Mepis distro.

After downloading the tarball in the home directory followed by:
tar zxvf dosemu-1.2.2.tar.gz
cd dosemu-1.2.2
./configure (got already an error stating lex or flex is missing)
make
and as root: make install
the installation fails due to the missing lex/flex.

I went looking for lex/flex on the www and downloaded the newest flex
tarball, also this fails to install.

gcc and libraries are nevertheless present.

Can you help me out here or does version 1.3 no longer need the lex/flex
package or should I rather use a rpm or debian package ? (since Mepis is
Debian based).

Many thanks in advance.

PS: on the www I found a "dosemu for dummies" and that's what I followed
for the installation.

* Re: rerror on installing dosemu-1.2.2
@ 2005-03-01 20:14 ` Jan Willem Stumpel
From: Jan Willem Stumpel @ 2005-03-01 20:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-msdos; +Cc: vanparijs henri

vanparijs henri wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>
> This version of dosemu is to be installed on a Pentium-II
> 700MHz PC/384MB ram/6GB HDD running the Symply Mepis distro.
>
> After downloading the tarball in the home directory followed
> by:
> tar zxvf dosemu-1.2.2.tar.gz
> cd dosemu-1.2.2
> ./configure
> (got already an error stating lex or flex is missing)
> make
> and as root: make install

[..]

> PS: on the www I found a "dosemu for dummies" and that's what I
> followed for the installation.

A source install needs compilation tools (as "dosemu for dummies"
says). If mepis is Debian-based, you could try (as root; you
become root by means of the su command)

    apt-get install flex

and try again from ./configure onward.

Regards, Jan

* Re: rerror on installing dosemu-1.2.2
@ 2005-03-05  4:51   ` Ryan Underwood
From: Ryan Underwood @ 2005-03-05  4:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Willem Stumpel; +Cc: linux-msdos, vanparijs henri

On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 09:14:18PM +0100, Jan Willem Stumpel wrote:
> vanparijs henri wrote:
> >Dear Sir,
> >
> >This version of dosemu is to be installed on a Pentium-II
> >700MHz PC/384MB ram/6GB HDD running the Symply Mepis distro.
> >
> A source install needs compilation tools (as "dosemu for dummies"
> says). If mepis is Debian-based, you could try (as root; you
> become root by means of the su command)
>
>    apt-get install flex

One could also apt-get build-dep dosemu to fetch the build dependencies
for the dosemu that's in Debian (which are close to the ones required to
build current version, IMO).

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis@icequake.net>