* XSAVE flavors
@ 2016-01-26 14:33 Jan Beulich
From: Jan Beulich @ 2016-01-26 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shuai Ruan; +Cc: xen-devel, Kevin Tian, Jun Nakajima

Shuai,

originally I only meant to inquire about the state of the promised
alternatives improvement to the XSAVE code. However, while
looking over the code in question again I stumbled across a
separate issue: XSAVES, just like XSAVEOPT, may use the
"modified" optimization. However, the fcs and fds handling code
that has been present around the use of XSAVEOPT did not also
get applied to the XSAVES path. I suppose this was just an
oversight?

With this another question then is whether, when both XSAVEC
and XSAVEOPT are available, it is indeed always better to use
XSAVEC (as the code is doing after your enabling).

Thanks, Jan