From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@us.ibm.com>
To: Kip Macy <kip.macy@gmail.com>
Cc: Daniel Stekloff <dsteklof@us.ibm.com>, xen-devel@lists.xensource.com
Subject: Re: DOM0_GETDOMAININFO intended behavior
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 21:24:34 -0500	[thread overview]

Kip Macy wrote:

>:-)
>I asked the same question a week or two ago and yes it is intended. It
>provides for easy iteration. I think it is kind of a hackish interface
>as it isn't uniform with *all* the other DOM0 calls. However, it works
>and once you know to check the domid return value your code will work
>as expected.

It's always concerned me that something there isn't an atomic interface
for getting all running domain information.  I've not been able to
figure out a situation though where it would create a problem.

It just seems kind of odd that you could do an xc_domain_getinfo of an
array of dominfo's and a portion of the array might not be valid when
other portions of the array are.  It's possible that the call could
return two domains that never actually existed together at the same
moment in time.

Again, I don't think it's a race condition but it's just odd.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori