* SIS180 PATA drive support
@ 2005-06-05 20:58 Wes Newell
From: Wes Newell @ 2005-06-05 20:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-ide

Is there any driver that supports the PATA ports on this controller?
Been told by Jeff Garzick that sata_sis does not support PATA drives.
For ref. I've got a Jetway S755MAX MB, kernel 2.6.11-6mdk. I've tried
making a new driver by changing if (trueid == 0x5518) to 0x0180 in
sis5513.c and adding a new module named s180ata to kconfig. And while I
did accomplish that and it compiled the new module ok, it crapped out
painfully. I'm sure not knowing what I'm doing and not being a C
programmer had a lot to do with that, but It appears to me that support
for the pata ports of the sis180 could accomplished this way if done
properly. Anyway, I'm at your mercy. I'd appreciate any reply, even if
it's just get lost and forget about pata support.:-)

thanks

only message in thread, other threads:[~2005-06-05 20:56 UTC | newest]