* libata-dev queue, ATA passthru updated
@ 2005-06-22 20:12 Jeff Garzik
From: Jeff Garzik @ 2005-06-22 20:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-ide; +Cc: Linux Kernel

I have updated the 'chs-support' and 'passthru' branches of
rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev.git

to be current for the latest kernel.

Additionally, I have uploaded the contents of the 'passthru' branch as a
patch, at
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/2.6.12-git4-passthru1.patch.bz2

* Re: libata-dev queue, ATA passthru updated
@ 2005-06-22 20:22 ` Brett Russ
From: Brett Russ @ 2005-06-22 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Garzik; +Cc: linux-ide, Linux Kernel

Jeff Garzik wrote:

> I have updated the 'chs-support' and 'passthru' branches of
> rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev.git
>
> to be current for the latest kernel.
>
> Additionally, I have uploaded the contents of the 'passthru' branch as a
> patch, at
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/2.6.12-git4-passthru1.patch.bz2

Wasn't T10 supposed to standardize passthru at the March meeting?  Any idea when this can go mainstream?

BR

* Re: libata-dev queue, ATA passthru updated
@ 2005-06-22 20:33   ` Jeff Garzik
From: Jeff Garzik @ 2005-06-22 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brett Russ; +Cc: linux-ide, Linux Kernel

Brett Russ wrote:
> Jeff Garzik wrote:
>

>> I have updated the 'chs-support' and 'passthru' branches of
>> rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jgarzik/libata-dev.git
>>
>> to be current for the latest kernel.
>>
>> Additionally, I have uploaded the contents of the 'passthru' branch as
>> a patch, at
>> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/libata/2.6.12-git4-passthru1.patch.bz2
>

> Wasn't T10 supposed to standardize passthru at the March meeting?  Any
> idea when this can go mainstream?

Yes, T10 standardized things AFAIK.

However, there are outstanding reports that passthru causes device
timeouts and other problems.  Investigating those, and a final review of
the patch are all that's needed before passthru can go upstream.

	Jeff