* [Qemu-devel] Multiple NIC's With Redirected Ports
@ 2005-06-24  5:17 wrichter
From: wrichter @ 2005-06-24  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

I am trying to simulate three NIC's, with redirected ports from the host to my simulated system. I want port 22 to go to NIC 1, and port 443 to go to NIC 3. Is this possible? So far, I think only eth0 seems to be working on my guest OS, so maybe my -redir tcp:22::22 -redir tcp:443::443 are screwing up the multiple NIC's?? I have to redirect ports in order for the guest OS to have servers right (SSH, SSL web)? I am using QEMU 0.7.0.

I just want to make sure my invocation of QEMU (under Windows XP) isn't screwing anything up:

qemu.exe -L "\Program Files\Qemu\bios" -m 256 -hda "C:\Program Files\Qemu\RooHoneynet.img" -enable-audio -localtime -nics 3 -redir tcp:22::22 -redir tcp:443::443

--
Wolfgang Richter

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Multiple NIC's With Redirected Ports
@ 2005-06-24 16:26 ` Wolfgang Richter
From: Wolfgang Richter @ 2005-06-24 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Basically, what I want to accomplish is this.  eth0 and eth1 are in
bridging mode, with eth0 supposedly leading out to the internet, and
eth1 supposedly connecting an internal network to the internet. eth2
connects to a third network, but that doesn't really matter too much.
eth0 wants a few ports open and so does eth2.  Is this possible at all
with QEMU?  So far I've had no luck...but will continue trying different
configurations.

--
Wolfgang Richter

@ 2005-06-24 17:00   ` Wolfgang Richter
From: Wolfgang Richter @ 2005-06-24 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel

Alright, found out I was editing the wrong line in the QEMU menu script
file for windows.  Now it seems to work a lot better.  I am still
wondering if it is possible to setup my guest OS as a bridging interface
within the simulated environment?  And with 3 nics can I redirect ports
to individual NIC's??

Wolfgang Richter wrote:

>Basically, what I want to accomplish is this.  eth0 and eth1 are in
>bridging mode, with eth0 supposedly leading out to the internet, and
>eth1 supposedly connecting an internal network to the internet. eth2
>connects to a third network, but that doesn't really matter too much.
>eth0 wants a few ports open and so does eth2.  Is this possible at all
>with QEMU?  So far I've had no luck...but will continue trying different
>configurations.
>
>--
>Wolfgang Richter
>
>wrichter@att.net wrote:
>

>>I am trying to simulate three NIC's, with redirected ports from the host to my simulated system. I want port 22 to go to NIC 1, and port 443 to go to NIC 3. Is this possible? So far, I think only eth0 seems to be working on my guest OS, so maybe my -redir tcp:22::22 -redir tcp:443::443 are screwing up the multiple NIC's?? I have to redirect ports in order for the guest OS to have servers right (SSH, SSL web)? I am using QEMU 0.7.0.
>>
>>I just want to make sure my invocation of QEMU (under Windows XP) isn't screwing anything up:
>>
>>qemu.exe -L "\Program Files\Qemu\bios" -m 256 -hda "C:\Program Files\Qemu\RooHoneynet.img" -enable-audio -localtime -nics 3 -redir tcp:22::22 -redir tcp:443::443
>>
>>--
>>Wolfgang Richter

Wolfgang Richter
wrichter@att.net

* Re: [Qemu-devel] Multiple NIC's With Redirected Ports
@ 2005-06-24 17:05   ` Wolfgang Richter
From: Wolfgang Richter @ 2005-06-24 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel