* "tipc: fix socket timer deadlock" to stable?
@ 2017-03-13 10:42 Tommi Rantala
From: Tommi Rantala @ 2017-03-13 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: netdev, Jon Paul Maloy; +Cc: David S. Miller, GUNA, Ying Xue

Hello,

We're seeing this tipc deadlock in 4.4.y, that was fixed in the mainline
commit f1d048f24e66ba85d3dabf3d076cefa5f2b546b0 "tipc: fix socket timer
deadlock".

Could/should this patch also be included in the stable kernel trees?

I just checked that the patch applies on top of 4.4.53, only the line
numbers are different compared to the upstream commit.

-Tommi

* RE: "tipc: fix socket timer deadlock" to stable?
@ 2017-03-13 12:18 ` Jon Maloy
From: Jon Maloy @ 2017-03-13 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
> We're seeing this tipc deadlock in 4.4.y, that was fixed in the mainline commit
> f1d048f24e66ba85d3dabf3d076cefa5f2b546b0 "tipc: fix socket timer
> deadlock".
>
> Could/should this patch also be included in the stable kernel trees?

I think it should. If action is required by me here (?) I will repost the commit for 4.4.

///jon

@ 2017-03-21  7:50   ` Tommi Rantala
From: Tommi Rantala @ 2017-03-21  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jon Maloy, netdev; +Cc: David S. Miller, GUNA, Ying Xue

On 13.03.2017 14:18, Jon Maloy wrote:
> [...]

Hi Jon, yes, please do repost the commit. After reading through
Documentation/networking/netdev-FAQ.txt, you probably want to send it
with suitable subject-prefix so that the patch is not lost in the noise.

>> I just checked that the patch applies on top of 4.4.53, only the line numbers
>> are different compared to the upstream commit.

(Actually there is also a small change in the patch context.)

@ 2017-03-21 11:35     ` Jon Maloy
From: Jon Maloy @ 2017-03-21 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tommi Rantala, netdev; +Cc: David S. Miller, GUNA, Ying Xue

Ok. I'll do that. Just have to do proper testing first.

///jon