* [Patch:000/004] Unify pxm_to_node id ver.2.
@ 2006-02-01 12:36 ` Yasunori Goto
From: Yasunori Goto @ 2006-02-01 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton
  Cc: Luck, Tony, Andi Kleen, Brown, Len, Bob Picco, Andy Whitcroft,
	Paul Jackson, Linux Kernel ML, ACPI-ML, linux-ia64,
	x86-64 Discuss

Hello.

I rewrote patches to unify mapping from pxm to node id as ver.2.
I already posted all of fixes for ver.1.
However, searching first patch and appling fixes are a bit messy
due to too many mail and patches in LKML.
So, I rearranged them to find all of them easier.
Basically, (ver.1 + previous fix patches) = ver.2.
But ver.2 is set of following patches.
  - generic code.
  - for ia64.
  - for x86_64.
  - for i386.

Fixes from ver.1 are followigs.
  - They are for 2.6.16-rc1-mm4.
  - Fix old map from HP and SGI's code by Bob Picco-san.
  - Remove MAX_PXM_DOMAINS from asm-ia64/acpi.h. It is already defined at
    include/acpi/acpi_numa.h.
  - Fix return code of setup_node() at arch/x86_64/mm/srat.c
  - Fix ACPI_NUMA config for i386 by Andy Witcroft-san.
  - Define dummy functions for i386's compile error.
  - Remove garbage nid_to_pxm_map from acpi20_parse_srat()
    at arch/i386/kernel/srat.c

I tested ia64 and x86_64 with dummy SRAT NUMA emulation.
And I checked compile completion for hp, SGI, and Summit.

Andrew-san. Please apply.

Thanks.

----------------------------------

This patch is to unify mapping from pxm to node id.
In current code, i386, x86-64, and ia64 have its mapping by each own code.
But PXM is defined by ACPI and node id is used generically. So,
I think there is no reason to define it on each arch's code.
This mapping should be written at drivers/acpi/numa.c as a common code.

--
Yasunori Goto

From: Yasunori Goto @ 2006-02-01 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton
  Cc: Luck, Tony, Andi Kleen, Brown, Len, Bob Picco, Andy Whitcroft,
[...]

* Re: [Patch:000/004] Unify pxm_to_node id ver.2.
  (?)
@ 2006-02-01 14:35 ` Andy Whitcroft
From: Andy Whitcroft @ 2006-02-01 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yasunori Goto
  Cc: Andrew Morton, Luck, Tony, Andi Kleen, Brown, Len, Bob Picco,

Yasunori Goto wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I rewrote patches to unify mapping from pxm to node id as ver.2.
> I already posted all of fixes for ver.1.
> However, searching first patch and appling fixes are a bit messy
> due to too many mail and patches in LKML.
> So, I rearranged them to find all of them easier.
> Basically, (ver.1 + previous fix patches) = ver.2.
> But ver.2 is set of following patches.
>   - generic code.
>   - for ia64.
>   - for x86_64.
>   - for i386.
>
> Fixes from ver.1 are followigs.
>   - They are for 2.6.16-rc1-mm4.
>   - Fix old map from HP and SGI's code by Bob Picco-san.
>   - Remove MAX_PXM_DOMAINS from asm-ia64/acpi.h. It is already defined at
>     include/acpi/acpi_numa.h.
>   - Fix return code of setup_node() at arch/x86_64/mm/srat.c
>   - Fix ACPI_NUMA config for i386 by Andy Witcroft-san.
>   - Define dummy functions for i386's compile error.
>   - Remove garbage nid_to_pxm_map from acpi20_parse_srat()
>     at arch/i386/kernel/srat.c
>
> I tested ia64 and x86_64 with dummy SRAT NUMA emulation.
> And I checked compile completion for hp, SGI, and Summit.

Ran it across my test boxes, builds and boots on the affected platforms
and generally elsewhere.

-apw