* Directory /proc/xenomai/registry/rtipc/xddp does not exist
@ 2020-03-26 10:12 Jona Ostermann
From: Jona Ostermann @ 2020-03-26 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xenomai

Hello,

one of our customers hast he problem that he needs a registry link in the directory /proc/xenomai/registry/rtipc/xddp.
But the directory does not exist, only /proc/xenomai/registry/ exists.

What could be the problem?
Is a special kernel configuration required or does a special kernel module need to be loaded?

Best regards
Jona Ostermann

* Re: Directory /proc/xenomai/registry/rtipc/xddp does not exist
@ 2020-03-27  9:07 ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-03-27  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jona Ostermann, xenomai

On 26.03.20 11:12, Jona Ostermann via Xenomai wrote:
> Hello,
>
> one of our customers hast he problem that he needs a registry link in the directory /proc/xenomai/registry/rtipc/xddp.
> But the directory does not exist, only /proc/xenomai/registry/ exists.
>
> What could be the problem?
> Is a special kernel configuration required or does a special kernel module need to be loaded?

The links show up once xddp is being used. You can check that via
smokey's xddp test.

If that is not the case, compare configuration and versions of the
reference xenomai-images against your setup and share your findings.

Jan

* AW: Directory /proc/xenomai/registry/rtipc/xddp does not exist
@ 2020-03-31 14:03   ` Jona Ostermann
From: Jona Ostermann @ 2020-03-31 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka, xenomai

Hello Jan,

thank you, you are correct.
Using the xddp-label demo tool the link is created.
So it is an application error and not a Xenomai configuration error.

Best regards
Jona

@ 2020-04-01  9:38     ` Jona Ostermann
From: Jona Ostermann @ 2020-04-01  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka, xenomai

Hello Jan,

our customer still has some problems creating this link.
They were using Xenomai 2 before and now have switched to Xenomai 3.1.

They were using the function rt_pipe_create in Xenomai 2, is there anything different in Xenomai 3?

We have set the following kernel configuration für XDDP:

CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_RTIPC=m
CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_RTIPC_XDDP=y
CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_RTIPC_IDDP=y
CONFIG_XENO_OPT_IDDP_NRPORT=32
CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_RTIPC_BUFP=y
CONFIG_XENO_OPT_BUFP_NRPORT=32

Is there anything else needed?

Best Regards
Jona

@ 2020-04-01 11:48       ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-04-01 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jona Ostermann, xenomai

On 01.04.20 11:38, Jona Ostermann wrote:
> Hello Jan,
>
> our customer still has some problems creating this link.
> They were using Xenomai 2 before and now have switched to Xenomai 3.1.
>
> They were using the function rt_pipe_create in Xenomai 2, is there anything different in Xenomai 3?
>
> We have set the following kernel configuration für XDDP:
>
> CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_RTIPC=m
> CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_RTIPC_XDDP=y
> CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_RTIPC_IDDP=y
> CONFIG_XENO_OPT_IDDP_NRPORT=32
> CONFIG_XENO_DRIVERS_RTIPC_BUFP=y
> CONFIG_XENO_OPT_BUFP_NRPORT=32
>
> Is there anything else needed?

Rather than guessing what might have changed and what might affect you:
Can you provide a test case for what is not working as expected?

Jan

@ 2020-04-01 12:42         ` Jona Ostermann
From: Jona Ostermann @ 2020-04-01 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jan Kiszka, xenomai

Hello Jan,

thanks for the interest in our problem.

Our customer has provided a short and simple test case: https://pastebin.com/LSGVhLFh

Best Regards
Jona

@ 2020-04-01 12:58           ` Jan Kiszka
From: Jan Kiszka @ 2020-04-01 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jona Ostermann, xenomai

On 01.04.20 14:42, Jona Ostermann wrote:
> Hello Jan,
>
> thanks for the interest in our problem.
>
> Our customer has provided a short and simple test case: https://pastebin.com/LSGVhLFh

OK, with the syntax error fixed and compiled like this

g++ -o rtpipe-test rtpipe-test.cpp $(xeno-config --skin=native --cflags --ldflags)

it runs fine. Furthermore, the registry entry is visible as long as you
keep the application running (the version you provided deletes it
immediately because it shuts down immediately).

Jan