* kernel pause during boot?
@ 2006-04-26 20:57 martin rogers
From: martin rogers @ 2006-04-26 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

All,

I am trying to figure out why a kernel is pausing, until a key is typed on
the (serial) console, whenever a kernel module fails to load.

A module is failing to load (doesn't matter why- can't register a device b/c
the minor number is already taken), and the boot seemingly pauses until
a key is hit- or at least, the console seems paused in some manner.

I waited a long time and there appears to be no timeout.

A second module once failed to load for a different reason and the behaviour
was the same.

I don't know what statements that ran in the module, as a result of the
failure
to load, that might explain the apparent pause.

Hopefully what I've  described will trigger someone's memory?

TIA!!!

Martin Rogers
Wind River

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-04-26 20:57 UTC | newest]