* [lm-sensors] user prog "sensors" seg faults on x86_64?
@ 2006-04-27 14:25 lloyd
From: lloyd @ 2006-04-27 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

We have a dual Opteron 285 system on a Tyan Tiger K8WE (S2877)
motherboard. The make user ; make user_install went fine. The
sensor-detect script seemed to run ok and the modprobes seemed to work
but the "sensors -s" command segfaults. Is it a 64 bit problem? Using
Suse 10.1 x86_64 beta atm.

* [lm-sensors] user prog "sensors" seg faults on x86_64?
@ 2006-04-27 15:28 ` Jean Delvare
From: Jean Delvare @ 2006-04-27 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

> We have a dual Opteron 285 system on a Tyan Tiger K8WE (S2877)
> motherboard. The make user ; make user_install went fine. The
> sensor-detect script seemed to run ok and the modprobes seemed to work
> but the "sensors -s" command segfaults. Is it a 64 bit problem? Using
> Suse 10.1 x86_64 beta atm.

Which version of lm_sensors is this?

Does "sensors" (without -s) work?

Why don't you use the package which comes with Suse?

Which beta is this?

I'm using lm_sensors on Suse 10.0 x86_64 myself for quite some time now
without a problem, so I doubt there is a general 64-bit problem.

--
Jean Delvare

* [lm-sensors] user prog "sensors" seg faults on x86_64?
@ 2006-05-04  0:30 ` lloyd
From: lloyd @ 2006-05-04  0:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lm-sensors

  Jean Delvare <khali at linux-fr.org> wrote

| > We have a dual Opteron 285 system on a Tyan Tiger K8WE (S2877)
| > motherboard. The make user ; make user_install went fine. The
| > sensor-detect script seemed to run ok and the modprobes seemed to work
| > but the "sensors -s" command segfaults. Is it a 64 bit problem? Using
| > Suse 10.1 x86_64 beta atm.
|

| Which version of lm_sensors is this?

2.10.0

| Does "sensors" (without -s) work?

also seg faults

| Why don't you use the package which comes with Suse?

also seg faults (I downloaded the package assuming it would be newer, it
wasn't)

| Which beta is this?

10.1 beta 9

| I'm using lm_sensors on Suse 10.0 x86_64 myself for quite some time
| now
| without a problem, so I doubt there is a general 64-bit problem.

It seems it is something in the sysfs that is causing the crash. I tried
to build sensors with debuging but all gdb would tell me was the seg
fault was in :

0x00002af197a9deaf in sensors_read_one_sysfs_chip () from
/usr/local/lib/libsensors.so.3

I havn't got it to tell me the exact line
where its crashing (yet).