* reiser4 needs fsck after crash
@ 2006-08-07 19:36 Laurent Riffard
From: Laurent Riffard @ 2006-08-07 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-list

Hello,

I'm using a reiser4 FS for compiling my linux kernel.

Today, the kernel panics while compiling. I guess it was
a reiser4 panic. I can't be sure as I was using an X console,
but I'm often hit by such reiser4 panics (see my others posts
on this list).

So I reboot using the reset button and I restart the
compilation. I then had weird compilation errors until
I unmount this FS and fsck it. Here is the fsck output:

[root@antares ~]# fsck.reiser4 --fix /dev/vglinux1/lvkernel
This is an EXPERIMENTAL version of fsck.reiser4. Read README first.

Fscking the /dev/vglinux1/lvkernel block device.
Will fix minor corruptions of the Reiser4 SuperBlock.
Will fix minor corruptions of the Reiser4 FileSystem.
Continue?
(Yes/No): yes
***** fsck.reiser4 started at Mon Aug  7 19:28:33 2006
Reiser4 fs was detected on /dev/vglinux1/lvkernel.
Master super block (16):
magic:          ReIsEr4
blksize:        4096
format:         0x0 (format40)
uuid:           4382e9f8-e19b-4d6f-9da7-a81d8c13276e
label:          <none>

Format super block (17):
plugin:         format40
magic:          ReIsEr40FoRmAt
flushes:        0
mkfs id:        0x2402ed58
blocks:         524288
free blocks:    342801
root block:     347110
tail policy:    0x2 (smart)
next oid:       0xf8ce3
file count:     65713
tree height:    4
key policy:     LARGE

CHECKING STORAGE TREE
        Read nodes 60794
        Nodes left in the tree 60794
                Leaves of them 59315, Twigs of them 1457
        Time interval: Mon Aug  7 19:28:33 2006 - Mon Aug  7 19:29:49 2006
CHECKING EXTENT REGIONS.
        Read twigs 1457
        Time interval: Mon Aug  7 19:29:50 2006 - Mon Aug  7 19:29:52 2006
CHECKING SEMANTIC TREE
FSCK: Node (346272), item (23), [7b715:d06b6d616c6c6f63:7b88c] (stat40): wrong bytes (2199023252636), Fixed to (590).
FSCK: Node (283954), item (4), [5e40b:d0657874322d6e6f:5e40f] (stat40): wrong bytes (4096), Fixed to (693).
        Found 65719 objects.
        Time interval: Mon Aug  7 19:29:53 2006 - Mon Aug  7 19:31:19 2006
***** fsck.reiser4 finished at Mon Aug  7 19:31:19 2006
Closing fs...done

FS is consistent.

After this, I was able to compile again.

Note that I found the following message in dmesg (before fsck):
Aug  7 17:50:19 antares kernel: reiser4[make(3875)]: present_lw_sd (fs/reiser4/plugin/item/static_stat.c:276)[]:
Aug  7 17:50:19 antares kernel: WARNING:  is encountered

It woud be nice if reiser4 could print the name of these
"partially converted files".

But my main concern is that i was thinking that using a *journalized*
file system will make useless the fsck after crash. Am I wrong here ?

~~
laurent

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-08-07 19:36 UTC | newest]