* [Bluez-users] 2.25->3.3 can't ping headset
@ 2006-08-24 20:50 Niv
From: Niv @ 2006-08-24 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Hay,
I decided to try 3.3 in a manual install. I am 2.6.17 gentoo user. I got
  libs and utils as well as hcidump.
I can ping my nokia cell , but not my headset. I tried erasing  #rm -rf
/var/lib/bluetooth/ ; then put the headset in pairing mode. then "saw"
it via hcitool scan; then tried pinging it -> Can't connect: Permission
denied

all services are up (hcid,sdp,rfcomm) and  hcidump -X -V is:

< HCI Command: Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) plen 13
     bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63 ptype 0xcc18 rswitch 0x01 clkoffset 0x61fa
(valid)
     Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5
 > HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
     Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) status 0x00 ncmd 1
 > HCI Event: Link Key Request (0x17) plen 6
     bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
< HCI Command: Link Key Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000c) plen 6
     bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
 > HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 10
     Link Key Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000c) ncmd 1
     status 0x00 bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
 > HCI Event: PIN Code Request (0x16) plen 6
     bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
< HCI Command: PIN Code Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000e) plen 6
     bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
 > HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 10
     PIN Code Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000e) ncmd 1

it used to work with 2.25.

how to fix?

* Re: [Bluez-users] 2.25->3.3 can't ping headset
@ 2006-08-24 21:06 ` Ulisses Furquim
From: Ulisses Furquim @ 2006-08-24 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Hi Niv,

On 8/24/06, Niv <nivv@cs.bgu.ac.il> wrote:
> < HCI Command: Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) plen 13
>      bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63 ptype 0xcc18 rswitch 0x01 clkoffset 0x61fa
> (valid)
>      Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5
>  > HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
>      Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) status 0x00 ncmd 1
>  > HCI Event: Link Key Request (0x17) plen 6
>      bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
> < HCI Command: Link Key Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000c) plen 6
>      bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
>  > HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 10
>      Link Key Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000c) ncmd 1
>      status 0x00 bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
>  > HCI Event: PIN Code Request (0x16) plen 6
>      bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
> < HCI Command: PIN Code Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000e) plen 6
>      bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
>  > HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 10
>      PIN Code Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000e) ncmd 1

It seems your headset wants to pair with you but you don't have a
passkey agent. You really want the new bluez-gnome package (you can
find a link on the Download page) so you can use bt-applet as your
default passkey agent.

Regards,

-- Ulisses

* Re: [Bluez-users] 2.25->3.3 can't ping headset
@ 2006-08-25 20:02   ` Niv
From: Niv @ 2006-08-25 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Ulisses Furquim wrote:
> Hi Niv,
>
> On 8/24/06, Niv <nivv@cs.bgu.ac.il> wrote:
>> < HCI Command: Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) plen 13
>>      bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63 ptype 0xcc18 rswitch 0x01 clkoffset 0x61fa
>> (valid)
>>      Packet type: DM1 DM3 DM5 DH1 DH3 DH5
>>  > HCI Event: Command Status (0x0f) plen 4
>>      Create Connection (0x01|0x0005) status 0x00 ncmd 1
>>  > HCI Event: Link Key Request (0x17) plen 6
>>      bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
>> < HCI Command: Link Key Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000c) plen 6
>>      bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
>>  > HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 10
>>      Link Key Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000c) ncmd 1
>>      status 0x00 bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
>>  > HCI Event: PIN Code Request (0x16) plen 6
>>      bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
>> < HCI Command: PIN Code Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000e) plen 6
>>      bdaddr 00:0D:44:33:E1:63
>>  > HCI Event: Command Complete (0x0e) plen 10
>>      PIN Code Request Negative Reply (0x01|0x000e) ncmd 1
>
> It seems your headset wants to pair with you but you don't have a
> passkey agent. You really want the new bluez-gnome package (you can
> find a link on the Download page) so you can use bt-applet as your
> default passkey agent.
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Ulisses

Thanks Ulisses for your replay,
so I see lots of executables in /bluez-gnome, which should I run?
I run one that gave me a icon in the taskbar , but didnt give any menus
on right click .
where may I read on it? no info in the .gz downlaods

Niv

* Re: [Bluez-users] 2.25->3.3 can't ping headset
@ 2006-08-25 23:25       ` Niv
From: Niv @ 2006-08-25 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
> Hi Niv,
>
>> so I see lots of executables in /bluez-gnome, which should I run?
>> I run one that gave me a icon in the taskbar , but didnt give any menus
>> on right click .
>> where may I read on it? no info in the .gz downlaods
>
> I actually only see one executable (two if you count noinst targets) and
> this is bt-applet. This is the actual passkey agent. However you have to
> actually pair with another device to see more than a status icon.
>
> Regards
>
> Marcel
thanks Marcel,
just to catch up: where can I read on why you decided to change to the
new API?

* Re: [Bluez-users] 2.25->3.3 can't ping headset
@ 2006-08-26  0:07     ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2006-08-26  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Hi Niv,

@ 2006-08-26  0:47           ` Niv
From: Niv @ 2006-08-26  0:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

* Re: [Bluez-users] 2.25->3.3 can't ping headset
@ 2006-08-26  1:20         ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2006-08-26  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Hi Niv,

> >> so I see lots of executables in /bluez-gnome, which should I run?
> >> I run one that gave me a icon in the taskbar , but didnt give any menus
> >> on right click .
> >> where may I read on it? no info in the .gz downlaods
> >
> > I actually only see one executable (two if you count noinst targets) and
> > this is bt-applet. This is the actual passkey agent. However you have to
> > actually pair with another device to see more than a status icon.
> >
> just to catch up: where can I read on why you decided to change to the
> new API?

there is no real document that argues why we did this. It simply was a
logical step to improve the end user applications. You might wanna check
my OLS presentation and my upcoming Linux-Kongress talk.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: [Bluez-users] 2.25->3.3 can't ping headset
@ 2006-08-26  3:27             ` Marcel Holtmann
From: Marcel Holtmann @ 2006-08-26  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users

Hi Niv,

> >> just to catch up: where can I read on why you decided to change to the
> >> new API?
> >
> > there is no real document that argues why we did this. It simply was a
> > logical step to improve the end user applications. You might wanna check
> > my OLS presentation and my upcoming Linux-Kongress talk.
> >
> thanks for the invite :-)
> I chked http://www.linux-kongress.org/2006/abstracts.html#3_7_2 but
> there is no documents. would your presentation be filmed and broadcast?

I have no idea. I assume it will not be recorded. However the slides
will be available after it.

Regards

Marcel

* Re: [Bluez-users] 2.25->3.3 can't ping headset
@ 2006-08-26  9:45               ` Niv
From: Niv @ 2006-08-26  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BlueZ users