* Aborting XFS copy - reason: Cannot allocate memory
@ 2006-08-25 17:24 Luzbel
From: Luzbel @ 2006-08-25 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xfs

I made a copy of my / partition with xfs_copy -d to a file on a XFS
filesystem. It worked without complains. Now, when I try to copy back
the data from the file to the partition I get:

root@slax:/mnt/hda3/luzbel/backup# xfs_copy -d archlinux.partition /dev/hda2
Error initializing wbuf 0
Aborting XFS copy - reason:  Cannot allocate memory
Check logfile "/var/tmp/xfs_copy.log.pn0zp0" for more details
root@slax:/mnt/hda3/luzbel/backup# cat /var/tmp/xfs_copy.log.pn0zp0
Error initializing wbuf 0
Aborting XFS copy - reason:  Cannot allocate memory
root@slax:/mnt/hda3/luzbel/backup#

Partition /dev/hda2 is unmount and /dev/hda3 is mounted, of course.

You got any idea on why this is happening? If you need me to provide
extra info, instruct me.

Thank you very much.

* Re: Aborting XFS copy - reason: Cannot allocate memory
@ 2006-08-25 21:22 ` Russell Cattelan
From: Russell Cattelan @ 2006-08-25 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luzbel, xfs

Luzbel wrote:
> I made a copy of my / partition with xfs_copy -d to a file on a XFS
> filesystem. It worked without complains. Now, when I try to copy back
> the data from the file to the partition I get:
>
> root@slax:/mnt/hda3/luzbel/backup# xfs_copy -d archlinux.partition
> /dev/hda2
> Error initializing wbuf 0
> Aborting XFS copy - reason:  Cannot allocate memory
> Check logfile "/var/tmp/xfs_copy.log.pn0zp0" for more details
> root@slax:/mnt/hda3/luzbel/backup# cat /var/tmp/xfs_copy.log.pn0zp0
> Error initializing wbuf 0
> Aborting XFS copy - reason:  Cannot allocate memory
> root@slax:/mnt/hda3/luzbel/backup#
>
> Partition /dev/hda2 is unmount and /dev/hda3 is mounted, of course.
>
> You got any idea on why this is happening? If you need me to provide
> extra info, instruct me.
>
> Thank you very much.

run xfs_check or xfs_repair -n on your copy just to make sure the file
is good.

maybe run strace or gdb on xfs_copy and figure out exactly how much space
xfs_copy is trying to allocate.