* librbd cacher lock protection?
@ 2015-06-23 15:21 Patelczyk, Maciej
From: Patelczyk, Maciej @ 2015-06-23 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ceph-devel

Hi All,

I'm investigating librbd code related to caching (ObjectCacher).
What I cannot find is the data integrity protection while there is a 'cache miss' (full or partial). It looks like _readx exits with 'defer' and cache_lock is released (and locked again in LibWriteback). The BufferHead's are marked as 'rx' but not protected against write. Writex is not skipping nor checking for any BH. It's just populating data in cache.
That confuses me. So where is the protection? How does the cache integrity protection actually work?

Thanks,
maciej