* what is the default context of a program without selinux-aware
@ 2014-01-09 15:12 bigclouds
From: bigclouds @ 2014-01-09 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

hi,all
1.
what is the default context of a program without selinux-aware?

2.
any advantagement for a program to implement selinux-aware?

thanks

* Re: what is the default context of a program without selinux-aware
@ 2014-01-09 18:18 ` Paul Moore
       [not found]   ` <275288ad.1a14f.1437b6c4395.Coremail.bigclouds@163.com>
From: Paul Moore @ 2014-01-09 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bigclouds; +Cc: selinux

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 10:12 AM, bigclouds <bigclouds@163.com> wrote:
> 1. what is the default context of a program without selinux-aware?

The SELinux context of a running process is determined by the security policy.

> 2. any advantagement for a program to implement selinux-aware?

Could you be more specific about what you mean by "selinux-aware"?

--
paul moore
www.paul-moore.com

@ 2014-01-10 14:46     ` Paul Moore
From: Paul Moore @ 2014-01-10 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bigclouds; +Cc: selinux

[NOTE: re-adding the SELinux mailing list]

On Friday, January 10, 2014 05:12:09 PM bigclouds wrote:
> 1. a program with selinux-aware  means  the program call libselinux api.
> what is the advantage?  is it same as defining security policy for the
> program?

Typically people use the libselinux API to accomplish specific goals that were
not possible otherwise, e.g. affecting the label assigned to newly created
sockets.  I suggest looking at the libselinux API to better understand what
advantages it offers.

> 2. if a program is writen by myself, when i launch it, what is its context?
> inherit from user? or bash?

It is dependent on your security policy.  You can use the '-Z' option with the
'ps' command to view the SELinux label of running processes.