* get xfs_quota info as regular user
@ 2006-11-28 15:20 Rene Salmon
From: Rene Salmon @ 2006-11-28 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xfs; +Cc: Rene Salmon

Hi,

Did some searches on the list archives but could not find any useful info on
this.

Is there a way for a regular user to get info about his or her quota usage?

I tried both of these as a regular user and get nothing:

120> xfs_quota -c "quota userid"
121> xfs_quota -x -c "quota userid"

But if I log in as root I can manage to get the info I need:

# xfs_quota -c "quota userid"
Disk quotas for User userid (17080)
Filesystem              Blocks      Quota      Limit  Warn/Time      Mounted
on
/dev/vg_u00/lv_u00     1691516   10240000   10291200   00 [--------] /u00
/dev/vg_u01/lv_u01     4272876   10240000   10291200   00 [--------] /u01
Disk quotas for User userid (17080)
Filesystem              Blocks      Quota      Limit  Warn/Time      Mounted
on
/dev/vg_u00/lv_u00     1691516   10240000   10291200   00 [--------] /u00
/dev/vg_u01/lv_u01     4272876   10240000   10291200   00 [--------] /u01

Is there any way to allow users to check their quotas with out being root?

Thanks
Rene

--
        Rene Salmon
        Tulane University

* Re: get xfs_quota info as regular user
@ 2006-11-28 23:55 ` Donald Douwsma
From: Donald Douwsma @ 2006-11-28 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rene Salmon; +Cc: xfs

Rene Salmon wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Did some searches on the list archives but could not find any useful info on
> this.
>
> Is there a way for a regular user to get info about his or her quota usage?
>
> I tried both of these as a regular user and get nothing:
>
> 120> xfs_quota -c "quota userid"
> 121> xfs_quota -x -c "quota userid"

By default the quota command does not display anything unless the user is overquota.
To display the limits set for a user you need to specify the -v option.

xfs_quota -c 'quota -v'

Note there is currently a bug in xfs-cmds that causes xfs_quota to display results multiple times
(once for each xfs filesystem). One work around for this is to specify the specific filesystem on
the commandline.

xfs_quota -c 'quota -v' /home

Donald

* Re: get xfs_quota info as regular user
@ 2006-11-29 14:03   ` Rene Salmon
From: Rene Salmon @ 2006-11-29 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Donald Douwsma; +Cc: xfs

Great that is what I needed!  Thank you