* how to update a package on yocto project
@ 2014-11-18  6:30 Nishanth S
From: Nishanth S @ 2014-11-18  6:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bitbake-devel

Hi

board : Intel Galileo Gen 1

I use yocto project for build image/tarball for the board.

How to update a existing package???

I mean, I use openjdk-6 on my board.

But I need to change it to openjdk-7.

I edited local.conf by adding following line.

preferred_version_openjdkXXXX = XXXX

Nishanth.S

* Re: how to update a package on yocto project
@ 2014-11-24  5:56 ` Iorga, Cristian
From: Iorga, Cristian @ 2014-11-24  5:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nishanth S, bitbake-devel

Hi,

Try with something like this added to the build's conf/local.conf:

PREFERRED_VERSION_openjdk-7-jre = "25b30-2.3.12"
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_openjdk-7-jre = "openjdk-7-jre"

Of course, substitute PREFERRED_VERSION_openjdk-7-jre with your exact version of openjdk-7-jre that you have and want to use.

Regards,
Cristian Iorga
Yocto Project
Intel Corporation

@ 2014-11-24  6:00 ` Iorga, Cristian
From: Iorga, Cristian @ 2014-11-24  6:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nishanth S, bitbake-devel

Please note that the right list to ask this question would be:
yocto@yoctoproject.org and/or openembedded-issues@lists.openembedded.org

Regards,
Cristian Iorga
Yocto Project
Intel Corporation

I use yocto project for build image/tarball for the board.

How to update a existing package???

I mean, I use openjdk-6 on my board.

But I need to change it to openjdk-7.

I edited local.conf by adding following line.

preferred_version_openjdkXXXX = XXXX

Nishanth.S

* Re: [bitbake-devel] how to update a package on yocto project
@ 2014-11-24  6:04   ` Nishanth S
From: Nishanth S @ 2014-11-24  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yocto

Hi

board : Intel Galileo Gen 1

I use yocto project for build image/tarball for the board.

How to update a existing package???

I mean, I use openjdk-6 on my board.

But I need to change it to openjdk-7.

I edited local.conf by adding following line.

preferred_version_openjdkXXXX = XXXX

I tried this but the resulting image.tar had only openjdk-6.

How do I include openjdk-7 with core-image???

@ 2014-11-25 11:20     ` Paul Eggleton
From: Paul Eggleton @ 2014-11-25 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nishanth S; +Cc: yocto

Hi Nishanth,

On Monday 24 November 2014 11:34:17 Nishanth S wrote:
> board : Intel Galileo Gen 1
>
> I use yocto project for build image/tarball for the board.
>
> How to update a existing package???
>
> I mean, I use openjdk-6 on my board.
>
> But I need to change it to openjdk-7.
>
> I edited local.conf by adding following line.
>
> preferred_version_openjdkXXXX = XXXX
>

> I tried this but the resulting image.tar had only openjdk-6.
>
> How do I include openjdk-7 with core-image???

There needs to be a recipe to actually provide that - PREFERRED_VERSION only
selects between available versioned recipes. Is there an openjdk-7 recipe in
your configuration? If not, you will need to add one.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton
Intel Open Source Technology Centre

* Re: [bitbake-devel] how to update a package on yocto project
@ 2014-11-25 11:55       ` Iorga, Cristian
From: Iorga, Cristian @ 2014-11-25 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Eggleton, Nishanth S; +Cc: yocto

Hi,
Nishanth, I am assuming you are using the meta-java layer, right?
If so, have you tried my suggestions?
/Cristian