* Strict ordering by date
@ 2006-12-31  1:03 H. Peter Anvin
From: H. Peter Anvin @ 2006-12-31  1:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Hi all,

I have added a --pretty=rpm option to git in order to automatically
generate the changelog for an RPM specfile.  So far, so good.
Unfortunately, rpmbuild is very picky and will simply refuse to run, at
all, if any of the entries are out of reverse chronological order.  When
dealing with merges or cherrypicking -- or, for that matter, a commit
done with a broken time setting -- this doesn't work with either
--date-order or --topo-order.

(And yes, this is an rpmbuild misfeature.)

I've tried to add a --strict-date-order option, but it's not clear at
what point -- if any -- we actually have the full list of entries to
display.  It doesn't seem to happen anywhere inside revision.c.

Any pointers appreciated.

	-hpa

only message in thread, other threads:[~2006-12-31  1:36 UTC | newest]