* shadow page code
@ 2007-01-25 15:40 Ky Srinivasan
From: Ky Srinivasan @ 2007-01-25 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

APIs such as sh_invlpg and sh_update_cr3 take a pointer to the virtual cpu on which it needs to operate as an argument. However, it appears that the call can only operate on the currently executing vcpu.

Regards,

K. Y

* Re: shadow page code
@ 2007-01-25 15:51 ` Tim Deegan
From: Tim Deegan @ 2007-01-25 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ky Srinivasan; +Cc: xen-devel

At 08:40 -0700 on 25 Jan (1169714440), Ky Srinivasan wrote:
> APIs such as sh_invlpg and sh_update_cr3 take a pointer to the virtual cpu on which it needs to operate as an argument. However, it appears that the call can only operate on the currently executing vcpu.

sh_update_cr3 can be run against another vcpu, e.g. in domain creation,
and in the HVM save/restore code.

sh_invlpg does indeed only ever run on 'current'.

Tim.

* backend and frontend
@ 2007-01-26  2:04 ` tgh
From: tgh @ 2007-01-26  2:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

hi
 I try to understand the blkback and blkfront codes,and I am puzzled
about the initialization for both blkback and frontend.
 Does the blkback complete the initialization when the dom0 init ?and
when does the frontend in guestOS try to connet with the blkback in the
dom0? and how does the frontend do? how does the frontend register the
relative entryes in the xenstore in the dom0?
I am really  puzzled  ,could anyone help me?
Thanks in advance

* Re: backend and frontend
@ 2007-01-26 10:32   ` Ewan Mellor
From: Ewan Mellor @ 2007-01-26 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tgh; +Cc: xen-devel

On Fri, Jan 26, 2007 at 10:04:15AM +0800, tgh wrote:

> hi
> I try to understand the blkback and blkfront codes,and I am puzzled
> about the initialization for both blkback and frontend.
> Does the blkback complete the initialization when the dom0 init ?and
> when does the frontend in guestOS try to connet with the blkback in the
> dom0? and how does the frontend do? how does the frontend register the
> relative entryes in the xenstore in the dom0?
> I am really  puzzled  ,could anyone help me?

http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenSplitDrivers
http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenStoreReference

HTH,

Ewan.

* Re: backend and frontend
@ 2007-01-27 12:21     ` tgh
From: tgh @ 2007-01-27 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ewan Mellor; +Cc: xen-devel

hi
Thank you for reply
I read the wiki about the XenSplitDrivers and XenStoreReference ,
and I made a img file and create a vm with the img ,and the conf file is
like the follows

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16-xenU"
memory = 256
name = "dom1"
vcpus = 1
vif = [ '' ]
disk = [ 'file:/vm/dom1.img,sda1,w' ]
netmask = "255.255.0.0"
gateway = "192.168.150.1"
hostname = "office1"
ip = "192.168.104.4"
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

there will be a disk in the backend/vbd/domid/virtual-device in the
xenstore,isn`t it?
Does xen support the vm to hotplug another virtual disk ,which is
accessed by dom0?

If it does,what and how does xen deal with the backend and the xenstore?
Are there two elements in the backend/vbd/domid/ in the xenstore?
and what about the frontend in the vm ,are there two frontend in the vm
or just one? how to identify them then?

If it does not ,what should we do to make it work?
Does it need another frontend in the vm or not ?
and how about the backend ?

could you give me some guide ?
Thanks in advance

Ewan Mellor 写道: