* [Buildroot] Xorg questions
@ 2007-01-31 19:48 Koenraad lelong
From: Koenraad lelong @ 2007-01-31 19:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Hi,
I'm trying to run an application under Xorg/X11. It needs (amongst
others) libXi and libXinerama. I wonder why these aren't installed in
the image, although they are present in the staging dir. The same for xterm.
If I manually copy those libraries to their destination
(/usr/X11R6/lib), the application can't find the libraries. I thought
/etc/ld.so.conf took care of this (it contains /usr/X11R6/lib). If I am
in the directory where the application is "ldd" reports those libraries
not found. If I go to the directory with the libraries "ldd" finds those
libraries, but starting the application (startx /path/to/appname) from
there does not work.
What am I missing ?

Regards,
Koenraad Lelong.

* [Buildroot] Xorg questions
@ 2007-01-31 21:00 ` Nathanael D. Noblet
From: Nathanael D. Noblet @ 2007-01-31 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Koenraad lelong wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to run an application under Xorg/X11. It needs (amongst
> others) libXi and libXinerama. I wonder why these aren't installed in
> the image, although they are present in the staging dir. The same for xterm.
> If I manually copy those libraries to their destination
> (/usr/X11R6/lib), the application can't find the libraries. I thought
> /etc/ld.so.conf took care of this (it contains /usr/X11R6/lib). If I am
> in the directory where the application is "ldd" reports those libraries
> not found. If I go to the directory with the libraries "ldd" finds those
> libraries, but starting the application (startx /path/to/appname) from
> there does not work.
> What am I missing ?

Once copied into the destination directory, did you run ldcache to
update the ld.so.conf cachefile?

* [Buildroot] Xorg questions
@ 2007-01-31 21:23   ` Koenraad lelong
From: Koenraad lelong @ 2007-01-31 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buildroot

Nathanael D. Noblet schreef:
> Koenraad lelong wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm trying to run an application under Xorg/X11. It needs (amongst
>> others) libXi and libXinerama. I wonder why these aren't installed in
>> the image, although they are present in the staging dir. The same for
>> xterm.
>> If I manually copy those libraries to their destination
>> (/usr/X11R6/lib), the application can't find the libraries. I thought
>> /etc/ld.so.conf took care of this (it contains /usr/X11R6/lib). If I
>> am in the directory where the application is "ldd" reports those
>> libraries not found. If I go to the directory with the libraries "ldd"
>> finds those libraries, but starting the application (startx
>> /path/to/appname) from there does not work.
>> What am I missing ?
>>

> Once copied into the destination directory, did you run ldcache to
> update the ld.so.conf cachefile?
I'll try that.
Thanks,
Koenraad Lelong.