* [U-Boot-Users] U-boot fails with new versatile PB (lead-free version)
@ 2007-02-03 15:20 T S Rajesh
From: T S Rajesh @ 2007-02-03 15:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi All,

I tried with the latest versatile PB926EJ-S (Lead Free Version). The failure
i get is:
	DRAM:	0kb
	Flash: 	0kb
Whereas in the old boards, it used to say
	DRAM:	0kb
	Flash: 	64M

And after that, in the new board, when I try to do a saveenv, it fails with
"start/end address not on sector boundary".
The same image works perfectly in the older boards (purchased last year).
Anyone came across this problems? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh

* [U-Boot-Users] U-boot fails with new versatile PB (lead-free version)
@ 2007-02-03 15:35 ` T S Rajesh
From: T S Rajesh @ 2007-02-03 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

A bit more info..

When i type "List Area" from the boot monitor code, i get

Base			Area Size		Blocks		Block Size
---------			---------------		------------		----------------
0x34000000		256k		4		64k
0x34040000		65280k		255		256k
0x30000000		256k		4		64k
0x30040000		65280k		255		256k

whereas in the older boards, i used to get

Base			Area Size		Blocks		Block Size
---------			---------------		------------		----------------
0x34000000		64M		256		256k

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh

@ 2007-02-03 17:30   ` Jerry Van Baren
From: Jerry Van Baren @ 2007-02-03 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

T S Rajesh wrote:
> A bit more info..
>
> When i type "List Area" from the boot monitor code, i get
>
> Base			Area Size		Blocks		Block Size
> ---------			---------------		------------		----------------
> 0x34000000		256k		4		64k
> 0x34040000		65280k		255		256k
> 0x30000000		256k		4		64k
> 0x30040000		65280k		255		256k
>
> whereas in the older boards, i used to get
>
> Base			Area Size		Blocks		Block Size
> ---------			---------------		------------		----------------
> 0x34000000		64M		256		256k
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Rajesh
>

> T S Rajesh wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I tried with the latest versatile PB926EJ-S (Lead Free Version). The
>> failure i get is:
>> 	DRAM:	0kb
>> 	Flash: 	0kb
>> Whereas in the old boards, it used to say
>> 	DRAM:	0kb
>> 	Flash: 	64M
>>
>> And after that, in the new board, when I try to do a saveenv, it fails
>> with a
>> "start/end address not on sector boundary".
>> The same image works perfectly in the older boards (purchased last year).
>> Anyone came across this problems? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards
>> Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

It looks like your memory part is different: the original flash has 256
equal size blocks, the new flash is "bottom boot" with four 64K blocks
in the lowest 256K area.  You probably need to do some configuration
(rebuild) u-boot for the different parts.

Beyond this general information I'm afraid I don't have enough knowledge
to help.

Best regards,
gvb

* [U-Boot-Users] U-boot fails with new versatile PB (lead-free version)
@ 2007-02-06  2:20     ` T S Rajesh
From: T S Rajesh @ 2007-02-06  2:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Thanks Jerry,

The new board had flash 256L30B, which i see, was not supported in the
U-boot. I added the flash id, and it works ok. But i mam not sure if what i
did was correct ot not.. I handled this part exactly in the same way as the
older one (256K3). I think it should've been more like 256L18 (which is
already in the code..) but it gives some error of sector size more than
maximum.. Anyhow, It works and serves my purpose. Just to let people here
know so that the new part may be included in the next build of u-boot..

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh