* Status of Hotplug polling patches?
@ 2007-02-11  2:29 Philip Langdale
From: Philip Langdale @ 2007-02-11  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: htejun; +Cc: linux-ide

Hi TeJun,

I have a machine that I've been using 2.6.19 and your hotplug
polling patches on with great success and I just upgraded it
to 2.6.20 and it appears that getting those patches working
again will be non-trivial. As far as I can see, these patches
are not in Jeff's tree or even yours. Have they been discarded,
or am I looking in the wrong place? I certainly don't see
equivalent functionality in the current kernel.

The warmplug sysfs-foo isn't particularly inconvenient as I
need to explicitly unmount filesystems anyway, but it would
be nice to see hotplug working again.

(The machine is using an nvidia mcp55)

Thanks,

--phil