* Configuring gitk appearance
@ 2007-02-15 16:24 Joseph Wakeling
From: Joseph Wakeling @ 2007-02-15 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: git

Is there any way to configure the appearance of gitk either during or
after installation?  At present on my system (Ubuntu 6.10) the font used
is almost illegible.  I'm guessing it is partly due to gitk using GTK+
v1 instead of v2.

On a related note (which will reveal me as totally incompetent about
Linux anything...), is it necessary to uninstall old versions of git
before installing the new version?  If so ... how?  There is nothing in
the INSTALL file about this.

Thanks,

    -- Joe

* Re: Configuring gitk appearance
@ 2007-02-15 16:26 ` Vincent Hanquez
From: Vincent Hanquez @ 2007-02-15 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joseph Wakeling; +Cc: git

On Thu, Feb 15, 2007 at 04:24:49PM +0000, Joseph Wakeling wrote:
> Is there any way to configure the appearance of gitk either during or
> after installation?  At present on my system (Ubuntu 6.10) the font used
> is almost illegible.  I'm guessing it is partly due to gitk using GTK+
> v1 instead of v2.

gitk is not using GTK v1 but TCL/TK.

see your ~/.gitk and just change those option (9 to 13 or 15 will do):

set mainfont {Helvetica 9}
set textfont {Courier 9}
set uifont {Helvetica 9 bold}

--
Vincent Hanquez

* Re: Configuring gitk appearance
@ 2007-02-15 17:05   ` Joseph Wakeling
From: Joseph Wakeling @ 2007-02-15 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vincent Hanquez; +Cc: git

Vincent Hanquez wrote:
> gitk is not using GTK v1 but TCL/TK.
>
> see your ~/.gitk and just change those option (9 to 13 or 15 will do):
>
> set mainfont {Helvetica 9}
> set textfont {Courier 9}
> set uifont {Helvetica 9 bold}

Thanks very much.  Where does gitk look for fonts?  It seems to find
some, but not others, of the different sorts I have on my system.