* kvm development moving to git
@ 2007-02-19 15:01 ` Avi Kivity
From: Avi Kivity @ 2007-02-19 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel; +Cc: linux-kernel

kvm kernel code is now developed using git.  This was done for two reasons:
- with the paravirtualization work, we have code in the kernel beyond
drivers/kvm/.  Subversion is not quite up to hosting an entire kernel
tree efficiently.
- people have expressed interest in maintaining long-term branches of
kvm.  This is something that git is quite good at, while with subversion
this requires an account on our systems.

You can pull from my repository by issuing the command

  git pull git://kvm.qumranet.com/home/avi/kvm/linux-2.6

Please do not clone from this URL.  Instead, clone from git.kernel.org
so that you clog their pipes instead of mine.  Then issue the pull
command as described above.

The module source files have been removed from the subversion tree.  To
compile an external module, first copy the files from a Linux tree:

  make LINUX=/path/to/linux/tree/that/has/pulled/from/the/kvm/repo sync
  make

From: Avi Kivity @ 2007-02-19 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel; +Cc: linux-kernel

[...]

* Re: kvm development moving to git
       [not found] ` <45D9BBBC.3050302-atKUWr5tajBWk0Htik3J/w@public.gmane.org>
@ 2007-03-04 12:38   ` Leonard Norrgard
From: Leonard Norrgard @ 2007-03-04 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel

Avi Kivity wrote:
> You can pull from my repository by issuing the command
>
>   git pull git://kvm.qumranet.com/home/avi/kvm/linux-2.6

Please note that the url has now changed:

  git pull git://kvm.qumranet.com/home/avi/kvm.git master

For future reference, see instructions at
http://kvm.qumranet.com/kvmwiki/Code