* [Xenomai-help] tracer from user space
@ 2007-02-16 21:58 Jeff Weber
From: Jeff Weber @ 2007-02-16 21:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xenomai Help

I need to isolate an unacceptable latency resuming a primary mode task, by
determining the events the events that preceeded the delay, preferably from
userspace.  I cannot rule out a userspace coding error contributing to the
latency.

Is this a job better suited to task switch hooks, or the ipipe tracer, or
perhaps yet another tool?

Assuming the best tool is the ipipe tracer, because task switch hooks must be
used from kernel space, how much can I learn about the user space tasks and
function calls that preceeded the latency?

(All the sample tracer output I've found has shown kernel function call
activity.)

What is the minimum ipipe patch to have useful tracer functionality?
(I'm currently using Linux-2.6.17.14 + adeos-ipipe-2.6.17-i386-1.5-00 +
xenomai-2.2.4 )

	thanks,
	Jeff