* Programmable clock in salvator-x
@ 2016-02-09  9:47 Hamza Farooq
From: Hamza Farooq @ 2016-02-09  9:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sh

Hi,

in order to use IDT 5P49V5923A programmable clock for DU, I was
wondering if the driver for it is already available/present in the
Linux source tree. It seems to be present on the board but not
used/enabled from salvator-x device tree.

programable_clk0 and programable_clk01 seem to be used in du node but
not associated with IDT clock chip. Or am I overlooking something?

Thanks and best regards,
Hamza

* Re: Programmable clock in salvator-x
@ 2016-02-10 21:13 ` Laurent Pinchart
From: Laurent Pinchart @ 2016-02-10 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-sh

Hi Hamza,

On Tuesday 09 February 2016 10:47:39 Hamza Farooq wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in order to use IDT 5P49V5923A programmable clock for DU, I was
> wondering if the driver for it is already available/present in the
> Linux source tree. It seems to be present on the board but not
> used/enabled from salvator-x device tree.
>
> programable_clk0 and programable_clk01 seem to be used in du node but
> not associated with IDT clock chip. Or am I overlooking something?

All clock drivers are available in drivers/clk/. Quickly looking through that
direction I don't see a driver specifically for the 5P49V5923A. If the chip is
pin-to-pin compatible with another component from a different vendor you might
be to reuse one of the existing drivers, otherwise you will need to develop a
new one.

Laurent Pinchart