* GPLv3
@ 2007-07-02  9:29 Russell Coker
From: Russell Coker @ 2007-07-02  9:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: selinux

What are we going to do regarding GPLv3?

The NSA code has no copyright (being produced by the US government) and the
majority of other code included in the SE Linux policy and utilities comes
from a small number of sources.  Getting agreement to relicense the source
under GPLv3 should not be that difficult (if Tresys, Red Hat, and IBM agree
then we're almost there).

I think that the patent clauses in GPLv3 have some potential to avoid problems
in future, and if nothing else will be good PR.

I would like to relicense my code under GPLv3.  Anyone who wants to use any of
my SE Linux related code under GPLv3 can do so.  Of course this doesn't give
any real benefit unless others join in.

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Blog