* HDA-Intel UCM crux
@ 2020-09-29 15:30 Takashi Iwai
From: Takashi Iwai @ 2020-09-29 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: perex; +Cc: alsa-devel

Hi Jaroslav,

it seems that the recent addition of HDA-Intel.conf in ucm2 caused a
regression on our CI tests on KVM.  Namely, when this UCM profile is
used for a plain HD-audio device on KVM, the device remains muted as
default at the fresh desktop start up.  Without a UCM profile, PA
properly unmutes and raises the volume, but with a profile, it won't.

When the volume was once saved in the pulse local config, it seems
restored, though.  The tested environment was KDE.

Could you take a look at it?

thanks,

Takashi

* Re: HDA-Intel UCM crux
@ 2020-09-29 15:46 ` Jaroslav Kysela
From: Jaroslav Kysela @ 2020-09-29 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Takashi Iwai; +Cc: alsa-devel

Dne 29. 09. 20 v 17:30 Takashi Iwai napsal(a):
> Hi Jaroslav,
>
> it seems that the recent addition of HDA-Intel.conf in ucm2 caused a
> regression on our CI tests on KVM.  Namely, when this UCM profile is
> used for a plain HD-audio device on KVM, the device remains muted as
> default at the fresh desktop start up.  Without a UCM profile, PA
> properly unmutes and raises the volume, but with a profile, it won't.
>
> When the volume was once saved in the pulse local config, it seems
> restored, though.  The tested environment was KDE.
>
> Could you take a look at it?

Hi,

It seems that the '_boot' command succeed (no-op) in this case so the legacy
configuration is skipped in 'alsactl init'. I'll give a look. Thank you for
the report.

				Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@perex.cz>