* Add Bcache to an existing Filesystem
@ 2017-06-26 16:12 FERNANDO FREDIANI
From: FERNANDO FREDIANI @ 2017-06-26 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bcache

Hello folks.

I have been using Bcache in a server in production with pretty good
results so far.

Now I am looking to add it also to another server that is suffering from
disk I/O. However this server in question has a fairly large storage
running (circa 8TB of used data) and therefore stopping it for a long
period becomes difficult.

Question is: Can I add an SSD and Bcache to this server and use it for
the existing 8TB filesystem ? If so when I run make-bcache -B /dev/sdx1
to create the backing device will it not overwrite what is currently on
/dev/sdx1 ?

Thanks
Fernando