* wierd file perms
@ 2007-10-13 17:10 vignesh babu
From: vignesh babu @ 2007-10-13 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-kernel

Hi all,

Was having trouble with the latest source-in compiling it and did an
mrproper which fixed things...well-temporarily.

I was hitting another issue with permissions-as root :(

I was surprised and did an ls -l on the files and guess what I found:

total 0
?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? fcntl.c
?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? fifo.c
?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? filesystems.c
?--------- ? ? ? ?                ? file_table.c

So end result is that, Im not able to delete the files or change perms
or ownership even as root.

Can some one help please?

How did this even happen?

I could compile without any issues till yesterday and todays update
seems to have caused this...

Not really sure if it is just a local phenomenon....

"Why is it that every time I'm with you, makes me believe in magic?"