* [oe-core] THISDIR usage
       [not found] <005901cd17e1$3b9a2290$b2ce67b0$@st.com>
@ 2012-04-11 12:49 ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2012-04-11 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

> I'm obtaining this error trying to rebuild the poky-edison repository
> (http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/yocto/yocto-1.1.1/poky-edison-6.
> 0.1.tar.bz2)
> and the error is happening trying to build quilt-native package (indeed I'm
> running ../script/bitbake -k core-image-sato), where I passed the tar.gz
> directly using the instructions below.
>
> This is the output of tree meta-yocto (snipped)
>
> meta-yocto
>     recipes-devtools
>          quilt
>               files
>        quilt-0.48.tar.gz
>    quilt-native_0.48.bbappend
>
> Best Regards,
> Giuseppe

* Re: [oe-core] THISDIR usage
@ 2012-04-11 13:01   ` Jaap de Jong
From: Jaap de Jong @ 2012-04-11 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

There is no file named: myfile.tar.gz
That it can't be found by bitbake is pretty clear then...

* Re: [oe-core] THISDIR usage
@ 2012-04-11 13:06     ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2012-04-11 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

No no, myfile.tar.gz was a dummy name I used in this mail tree to
avoid deep explanation. As said in previous mail, I'm trying to build
quilt and I'm in trouble with its tar.gz source put into the directory
the tree shows. I've downloaded it by hand and put under files
directory, then I set FILESEXTRAPATHS inside the bbappend.

* Re: [oe-core] THISDIR usage
@ 2012-04-28 23:44   ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2012-04-28 23:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Many thanks!!!

Il giorno sabato 28 aprile 2012, Khem Raj ha scritto:

* Re: [oe-core] THISDIR usage
@ 2012-04-28 20:57 ` Khem Raj
From: Khem Raj @ 2012-04-28 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

* Re: [oe-core] THISDIR usage
@ 2012-04-11 13:25       ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2012-04-11 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

No FILESPATH in the log after bitbake -e <recipe> command.
But... it's ok running scripts/bitbake instead of the binary one as I'm doing?

Il giorno 11/apr/2012, alle ore 15:07, Martin Jansa
<martin.jansa@gmail.com> ha scritto:

> Use bitbake -e your_recipe and check FILESPATH variable.
>

> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Giuseppe Condorelli
> <giuseppe.condorelli@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Many thanks for the reply, I tried the suggestion but I obtained this:
>>
>> "Unable to fetch URL file://myfile.tar.gz from any source"
>>
>> What's happening?
>> Thanks,
>> Giuseppe

>>> Assuming your tree looks something like this [partial]:
>>>
>>>  meta-giuseppe:
>>>    recipes:
>>>      some-recipe:
>>>        some-recipe_1.2.3.bbappend
>>>        files:
>>>          myfile.tar.gz
>>>
>>> Try using this instead
>>>  FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
>>>
>>> --

* Re: [oe-core] THISDIR usage
@ 2012-04-11 13:06     ` Martin Jansa
From: Martin Jansa @ 2012-04-11 13:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Use bitbake -e your_recipe and check FILESPATH variable.

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Giuseppe Condorelli
<giuseppe.condorelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> Many thanks for the reply, I tried the suggestion but I obtained this:
>
> "Unable to fetch URL file://myfile.tar.gz from any source"
>
> What's happening?
> Thanks,
> Giuseppe
>
> Il giorno mercoledì 11 aprile 2012, Gary Thomas ha scritto:
>
>> On 2012-04-11 04:23, Giuseppe Condorelli wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, I moved to OE-Core (working on stable version dowloaded as tar file
>>> from cgit.openembedded.org).
>>> I'm in trouble trying to include a source through .bbappend file, located
>>> under my meta-<personal>  subtree.
>>>
>>> FILESPATHBASE_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
>>> SRC_URI += "file://myfile.tar.gz"
>>>
>>> results in a no such file or directory. Please can you tell me if I'm
>>> missing anything?
>>>

>> Assuming your tree looks something like this [partial]:
>>
>>  meta-giuseppe:
>>    recipes:
>>      some-recipe:
>>        some-recipe_1.2.3.bbappend
>>        files:
>>          myfile.tar.gz
>>
>> Try using this instead
>>  FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
>>
>> --

* Re: [oe-core] THISDIR usage
@ 2012-04-11 11:05     ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2012-04-11 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

@ 2012-04-11 10:52   ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2012-04-11 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

@ 2012-04-11 10:38 ` Gary Thomas
From: Gary Thomas @ 2012-04-11 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

@ 2012-04-11 10:33 ` Giuseppe Condorelli
From: Giuseppe Condorelli @ 2012-04-11 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: openembedded-devel

Sorry, I used FILESEXTRAPATHS but the result is the same. I'm using
openembedded-core-2011-1 sources.

Il giorno mercoledì 11 aprile 2012, Giuseppe Condorelli ha scritto:

> Hi, I moved to OE-Core (working on stable version dowloaded as tar file
> from cgit.openembedded.org).
> I'm in trouble trying to include a source through .bbappend file, located
> under my meta-<personal> subtree.
>
> FILESPATHBASE_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
> SRC_URI += "file://myfile.tar.gz"
>
> results in a no such file or directory. Please can you tell me if I'm
> missing anything?
>
> Thanks,
> Giuseppe

* [oe-core] THISDIR usage