* Keyboard problem with Xvnc
@ 2007-11-15 18:28 Elmar Haneke
       [not found] ` <473C8FD5.2080800-i3glvDR67ZKzQB+pC5nmwQ@public.gmane.org>
From: Elmar Haneke @ 2007-11-15 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kvm-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Hi,

I do have some trouble with german keyboard layout when running with
VNC-X-Server: Umlaut-Keys are dead, some of the number-key show wron
shift-symbols.

Running against an "real" X-Server does not raise that problem.

Guest OS is Windows Vista

Running an xterm on that VNX-Server also allost to type umlauts.

How can I fix this problem?

Elmar

* Re: Keyboard problem with Xvnc
       [not found] ` <473C8FD5.2080800-i3glvDR67ZKzQB+pC5nmwQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2007-11-15 22:28   ` Anthony Liguori
From: Anthony Liguori @ 2007-11-15 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Elmar Haneke; +Cc: kvm-devel-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f

Elmar Haneke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do have some trouble with german keyboard layout when running with
> VNC-X-Server: Umlaut-Keys are dead, some of the number-key show wron
> shift-symbols.
>
> Running against an "real" X-Server does not raise that problem.
>
> Guest OS is Windows Vista
>
> Running an xterm on that VNX-Server also allost to type umlauts.
>
> How can I fix this problem?

Pass the appropriate -k option to QEMU to set the keytab.   Normally,
with SDL, QEMU is smart enough to look at the hardware keycodes if
they're available.  Under a VNC server, I suspect they aren't available
so you'll have to explicitly tell QEMU how to map X11 keysyms to what
would be the appropriate key sequences.

'qemu-system-x86_64 -k de' is probably what you're looking for.

Regards.

Anthony Liguori