* Yaesu VX-6 programming
@ 2007-12-17 12:27 Andreas Weller
From: Andreas Weller @ 2007-12-17 12:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-hams

* Re: Yaesu VX-6 programming
@ 2007-12-17 17:12 ` Patrick Ouellette
From: Patrick Ouellette @ 2007-12-17 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andreas Weller; +Cc: linux-hams

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 01:27:29PM +0100, Andreas Weller wrote:

> Hi!
> I'm using a Yaesu VX-6 handheld transceiver. For simplifying programming
> hundreds of memories, scan frequencies settings etc. I'm looking for a
> PC software.
> There's Yaesu's ADMS and KC8UNJ's VX-6 commander - but both are Windows
> tools :-(
>
> Is there any Linux/open-source Yaesu programming software?

Andreas,

I didn't find any when I was looking for my VX-7.  I ended up using
KC8UNJ's software on a Windows machine.  I didn't try, but it might work
under Wine.

73,

Pat KB8PYM

--

Patrick Ouellette                 pat@flying-gecko.net
kb8pym@arrl.net                   Amateur Radio: KB8PYM

* Re: Yaesu VX-6 programming
@ 2007-12-17 17:50   ` Geoff Blake
From: Geoff Blake @ 2007-12-17 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick Ouellette; +Cc: Andreas Weller, linux-hams

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, Patrick Ouellette wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 01:27:29PM +0100, Andreas Weller wrote:
> >
> > Hi!
> > I'm using a Yaesu VX-6 handheld transceiver. For simplifying programming
> > hundreds of memories, scan frequencies settings etc. I'm looking for a
> > PC software.
> > There's Yaesu's ADMS and KC8UNJ's VX-6 commander - but both are Windows
> > tools :-(
> >
> > Is there any Linux/open-source Yaesu programming software?
> >
> Andreas,
>
> I didn't find any when I was looking for my VX-7.  I ended up using
> KC8UNJ's software on a Windows machine.  I didn't try, but it might work
> under Wine.

FWIW, Bob G4HFQ has written some pretty good (for Windows :-) )
sofware for programming various Yaesu rigs which he sells for a
very reasonable price. The support for his software is rather good
too!

I would like to think that Bob would be approachable for a port to
Linux. www.g4hfq.co.uk is the link.

Geoff

--
    Geoff Blake G8GNZ      located  near  Chelmsford,  Essex,  U.K.
    Please reply to:      geoff(at)palaemon(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk

    Please  avoid  sending  me  Word  or  PowerPoint  attachments.
    See    <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

    This  E-mail  and any  attachment(s) are strictly  confidential
    and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the
    intended recipient please notify <postmaster(at)palaemon.co.uk>
    and the sender by return and permanently delete the message.

    You may not disclose, forward or copy this E-mail or any of its
    attachments to any third party without the prior consent of the
    sender.

* Re: Yaesu VX-6 programming
@ 2007-12-17 19:30 ` Jim Tittsler
From: Jim Tittsler @ 2007-12-17 19:30 UTC (permalink / raw)