* Testing Bluetooth Mesh with python
@ 2019-07-04  4:06 Mahaboob Nazeer SK
From: Mahaboob Nazeer SK @ 2019-07-04  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: linux-bluetooth

Hi,

We are using Zephyr Mesh onoff example on nrf52 eval kit to test the Mesh Functionality.For provisioning of the
node we are using meshctl tool.

But is there any other way to provision a node using a python script.I found a test-mesh script in the test folder
of bluez stack ,but i was unable to provision and test a node with it.Could you share a test procedure if any.

--
Thanks

* Re: Testing Bluetooth Mesh with python
@ 2019-07-04 18:41 ` Gix, Brian
From: Gix, Brian @ 2019-07-04 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mahaboob Nazeer SK; +Cc: linux-bluetooth

Hello,

> On Jul 3, 2019, at 9:08 PM, Mahaboob Nazeer SK <nazeer.m@phytec.in> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We are using Zephyr Mesh onoff example on nrf52 eval kit to test the Mesh Functionality.For provisioning of the
> node we are using meshctl tool.
>
> But is there any other way to provision a node using a python script.I found a test-mesh script in the test folder
> of bluez stack ,but i was unable to provision and test a node with it.Could you share a test procedure if any.

We are in the process of coding the Management1 D-Bus interface which includes many of the method calls required for Provisioner support.  The test-mesh python script does *not* work with the meshctl tool, which uses a GATT based architecture.

The D-Bus interface (as described in the doc/mesh-api.txt) works with the bluetooth-meshd daemon which is currently being built out, and it is entirely built on Advertisement (non-GATT) based communication with other nodes.

The methods required for the Provisioner side are not quite ready to be pushed out.

@ 2019-07-05  6:59 ` Mahaboob Nazeer SK
From: Mahaboob Nazeer SK @ 2019-07-05  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gix, Brian; +Cc: linux-bluetooth, Jonas Remmert

Hi Brian,

Thank you for that information.It's good to know.

Do you have any expected timeline like when this could
be pushed out.

--
Thanks