* Again: Release 0.8.4 GPL PV-Drivers for Windows
@ 2008-03-12  9:55 Stefan Schaefer
From: Stefan Schaefer @ 2008-03-12  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: xen-devel

* RE: Again: Release 0.8.4 GPL PV-Drivers for Windows
@ 2008-03-13 11:42 ` James Harper
From: James Harper @ 2008-03-13 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Schaefer, xen-devel

> Hello James,
> have you ever tested the pv-drivers on W2k SP4? ;-)

Nope. I got it to compile (needed a few changes as W2K is NDIS50 while
XP+ is NDIS51) and released it in 0.8.4 because someone requested it,
but stated that I hadn't tested it.

> At first there is a little failure in install.bat. The version-number
of
> w2k starts with "5.00" instead of "5.0.". So your script couldn't
> recognize w2k.

Care to send me a copy of your fix?

> The rest of the installation looks ok, but after rebooting the vm
> nothing happens. Theres still the unknown "PCI Divice" in the
> device-manager and not one new xen-device. After starting the VM with
> the gplpv-flag its the same - nothing happens.

Hmmm... I think maybe my inf files don't properly support windows 2000.
Any patches from you to fix this will be gratefully accepted :)

> On the same machine i tested your pv-drivers on a XP Pro SP2 VM. After
> the installation i fond a lot of new xen-devices but no xennet-device.
> It doesn't matter if i configure the vif-device in the vm
configuration
> with or without "type=netfront".

I've definitely tested with XP, although not recently.

James

* Re: Again: Release 0.8.4 GPL PV-Drivers for Windows
@ 2008-03-26  8:26   ` Stefan Schaefer
From: Stefan Schaefer @ 2008-03-26  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Harper; +Cc: xen-devel

Hello James,
sorry for the delay, i've got a lot of work to do.
James Harper schrieb:

| Care to send me a copy of your fix?

This is not realy a fix. I only changed one little entry in your
install.bat:

"ver | find "Version 5.00." > nul
if %ERRORLEVEL% == 0 goto ver_2k"

| Hmmm... I think maybe my inf files don't properly support windows 2000.
| Any patches from you to fix this will be gratefully accepted :)

At first i've to learn how inf-files work... ;-)

|> On the same machine i tested your pv-drivers on a XP Pro SP2 VM. After
|> the installation i fond a lot of new xen-devices but no xennet-device.
|> It doesn't matter if i configure the vif-device in the vm
| configuration
|> with or without "type=netfront".
|
| I've definitely tested with XP, although not recently.
|
| James

I would be happy if you could test your drivers on w2k.
My job is to migrate windows servers to linux. In some cases my
customers have to use some special software which needs MS- or
pervasive-SQL. In most of these cases the software-producers would'nt
allow a migration of their databases to a opensource engine. So i need a
small windows installation under xen and most of my customers are owners
of enough w2k pro licenses.

Stefan

- --
Jetzt erhätlich: "Der Linux-Server" 2te Auflage
Autor Stefan Schäfer
Erschienen im C&L Verlag

FSP Computer & Netzwerke
Inhaber: