* [U-Boot-Users] disable CRC checking
@ 2007-03-27 11:19 Joakim Nordell
From: Joakim Nordell @ 2007-03-27 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hello.

I would like to disable the CRC checking of the Linux kernel during the startup. Is that possible?
I have tried:
setenv skip_crc 1
Then I have added a few lines to the file cmd_bootm.c, like:
if (getenv("skip_crc") != NULL)
{. . .}

The problem is that the CRC check appears at so many places.
Is there a smart solution?

Greetings
Joakim Nordell

* [U-Boot-Users] disable CRC checking
@ 2007-03-27 11:33 ` Martin Krause
From: Martin Krause @ 2007-03-27 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Joakim,

u-boot-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on :
> Hello.
>
> I would like to disable the CRC checking of the Linux kernel during
> the startup. Is that possible? I have tried:
> setenv skip_crc 1
> Then I have added a few lines to the file cmd_bootm.c, like:
> if (getenv("skip_crc") != NULL)
> {. . .}
>
> The problem is that the CRC check appears at so many places.
> Is there a smart solution?

Yes, set the environment variable "verify" to something beginning
with 'n' ("no" for example) and the CRC check will be skipped.

Regards,
Martin

* [U-Boot-Users] disable CRC checking
@ 2007-03-27 14:59 ` Wolfgang Denk
From: Wolfgang Denk @ 2007-03-27 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

In message <MLEGLOMOGFHHOOFGOCHAIENLCPAA.tde02003@gmail.com> you wrote:

> I would like to disable the CRC checking of the Linux kernel during the startup. Is that possible?

Yes.

> Is there a smart solution?

Yes. Start reading the manual.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Looks clean and obviously correct to me, but then _everything_ I
write always looks obviously correct to me.  - Linus Torvalds in
<Pine.LNX.4.10.10012090054360.791-100000@penguin.transmeta.com>