* New location of Namesys software
@ 2008-04-18 23:38 Edward Shishkin
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Edward Shishkin @ 2008-04-18 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everyone.

I would like to inform that kernel.org administration
kindly provided us space for the following projects:
. reiserfsprogs
. reiser4 patches against vanilla kernels
. reiser4progs

The mentioned projects can be found here:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/edward/

All updates will be announced at reiserfs-devel mailing list.

Thanks,
Edward.

* Re: New location of Namesys software
@ 2008-04-20  0:41 ` Edward Shishkin
From: Edward Shishkin @ 2008-04-20  0:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Edward Shishkin wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I would like to inform that kernel.org administration
> kindly provided us space for the following projects:
> . reiserfsprogs
> . reiser4 patches against vanilla kernels
> . reiser4progs
>
> The mentioned projects can be found here:
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/edward/

Userspace utilities have been moved to another place:

Reiser4progs:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/fs/reiser4

Reiserfsprogs:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/fs/reiserfs

@ 2008-04-20 22:21 ` Andrew Morton
From: Andrew Morton @ 2008-04-20 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edward Shishkin; +Cc: reiserfs-devel, linux-kernel

> On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 03:38:30 +0400 Edward Shishkin <edward.shishkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> I would like to inform that kernel.org administration
> kindly provided us space for the following projects:
> . reiserfsprogs
> . reiser4 patches against vanilla kernels
> . reiser4progs
>
> The mentioned projects can be found here:
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/edward/
>
> All updates will be announced at reiserfs-devel mailing list.

Please send an update to ./MAINTAINERS?

* Re: New location of Namesys software
@ 2008-04-22 21:32   ` Edward Shishkin
From: Edward Shishkin @ 2008-04-22 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Morton; +Cc: reiserfs-devel, linux-kernel

Andrew Morton wrote:

>>On Sat, 19 Apr 2008 03:38:30 +0400 Edward Shishkin <edward.shishkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Hi everyone.
>>
>>I would like to inform that kernel.org administration
>>kindly provided us space for the following projects:
>>. reiserfsprogs
>>. reiser4 patches against vanilla kernels
>>. reiser4progs
>>
>>The mentioned projects can be found here:
>>http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/edward/
>>
>>All updates will be announced at reiserfs-devel mailing list.
>>

>Please send an update to ./MAINTAINERS?

Ok, no probs,
all relevant people will be cc-ed.

@ 2008-04-23  0:15 ` Nathan Caldwell
From: Nathan Caldwell @ 2008-04-23  0:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Edward Shishkin
<edward.shishkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
>  I would like to inform that kernel.org administration
>  kindly provided us space for the following projects:
>  . reiserfsprogs
>  . reiser4 patches against vanilla kernels
>  . reiser4progs
>
>  The mentioned projects can be found here:
>  http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/edward/
>
>  All updates will be announced at reiserfs-devel mailing list.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Edward.
>  --
> in
>  the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
>  More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

Great news. Now there is an 'official' place to go for these.
Just a question, any plans on having a public source code repository
for reiser*progs and/or the reiser4 patchset?

Gah, forgot to CC the ML, oops.

--
-Nathan Caldwell

* Re: New location of Namesys software
@ 2008-04-25 18:31   ` Edward Shishkin
From: Edward Shishkin @ 2008-04-25 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Nathan Caldwell wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 5:38 PM, Edward Shishkin
><edward.shishkin@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Hi everyone.
>>
>> I would like to inform that kernel.org administration
>> kindly provided us space for the following projects:
>> . reiserfsprogs
>> . reiser4 patches against vanilla kernels
>> . reiser4progs
>>
>> The mentioned projects can be found here:
>> http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/edward/
>>
>> All updates will be announced at reiserfs-devel mailing list.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Edward.
>> --
>>in
>>

>Great news. Now there is an 'official' place to go for these.
>Just a question, any plans on having a public source code repository
>for reiser*progs and/or the reiser4 patchset?

Yes, I think it makes sense to move namesys  git repos to
http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/
and, perhaps, we'll do so, as soon they are available..

@ 2008-06-17  6:34     ` Arne Babenhauserheide
From: Arne Babenhauserheide @ 2008-06-17  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-devel

Edward Shishkin <edward.shishkin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Yes, I think it makes sense to move namesys  git repos to
> http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/
> and, perhaps, we'll do so, as soon they are available..

Are they available, now?

I saw many other public git repositories there, so I assume they are - but I'm
not perfectly sure about it (else I wouldn't ask).

It would be nice to have reiser4 code in the open again. It still is one of the
most promising filesystems for me.

Best wishes,
Arne
- http://infinite-hands.draketo.de - singing a part of the history of free
software.

* Re: New location of Namesys software
@ 2008-06-19 21:55       ` Edward Shishkin
From: Edward Shishkin @ 2008-06-19 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arne Babenhauserheide; +Cc: reiserfs-devel

Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> Edward Shishkin <edward.shishkin <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Yes, I think it makes sense to move namesys  git repos to
>> http://www.kernel.org/pub/scm/
>> and, perhaps, we'll do so, as soon they are available..
>>

> Are they available, now?

The original repositories were on a died machine and not yet restored..

> I saw many other public git repositories there, so I assume they are - but I'm
> not perfectly sure about it (else I wouldn't ask).

Do you need exactly a git repository?
The reiser4 code is also available in the -mm kernel tree..

Thanks,
Edward.

@ 2008-06-20  9:26         ` Arne Babenhauserheide
From: Arne Babenhauserheide @ 2008-06-20  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edward Shishkin; +Cc: reiserfs-devel

Am Donnerstag 19 Juni 2008 23:55:41 schrieb Edward Shishkin:
> The original repositories were on a died machine and not yet restored..
> Do you need exactly a git repository?

I would prefer a Mercurial repository, but I think having any kind of
distributed source repository is what's most important.

> The reiser4 code is also available in the -mm kernel tree..

Is everything in the -mm tree?

Best wishes,
Arne
--
-- Weblog: http://blog.draketo.de
-- Infinite Hands: http://infinite-hands.draketo.de - singing a part of the

-- PGP/GnuPG: http://draketo.de/inhalt/ich/pubkey.txt

* Re: New location of Namesys software
@ 2008-06-20 19:23           ` J. Todd Slack
From: J. Todd Slack @ 2008-06-20 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-devel

Hi,

>> The reiser4 code is also available in the -mm kernel tree..
>
> Is everything in the -mm tree?

Can you give me the exact path? I cannot seem to pull it down.

Is it Subversion?

-Jason

* Re: New location of Namesys software
@ 2008-06-20 19:42             ` Volker Armin Hemmann
From: Volker Armin Hemmann @ 2008-06-20 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reiserfs-devel

On Friday 20 June 2008, J. Todd Slack wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >> The reiser4 code is also available in the -mm kernel tree..
> >
> > Is everything in the -mm tree?
>
> Can you give me the exact path? I cannot seem to pull it down.

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/edward

ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6

> Is it Subversion?

no

* Re: New location of Namesys software
@ 2008-06-20 22:36           ` Edward Shishkin
From: Edward Shishkin @ 2008-06-20 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: arne_bab; +Cc: reiserfs-devel

Arne Babenhauserheide wrote:
> Am Donnerstag 19 Juni 2008 23:55:41 schrieb Edward Shishkin:
>
>> The original repositories were on a died machine and not yet restored..
>> Do you need exactly a git repository?
>>

> I would prefer a Mercurial repository, but I think having any kind of
> distributed source repository is what's most important.
>

>> The reiser4 code is also available in the -mm kernel tree..
>>

> Is everything in the -mm tree?

yes, it contains the latest stuff