* migrating dmcrypt keys ?
@ 2017-02-20 19:49 Wyllys Ingersoll
From: Wyllys Ingersoll @ 2017-02-20 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary, Ceph Development

Is it possible to migrate a legacy (i..e pre-Jewel) osd device that
was originally setup with dmcrypt keys in /etc/ceph/dmcrypt-keys to
use the newer osd-lockbox scheme without having to destroy the osd and
re-prepare it?

Thanks

* Re: migrating dmcrypt keys ?
@ 2017-02-20 19:56 ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2017-02-20 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wyllys Ingersoll, Ceph Development

Hi,

On 02/20/2017 08:49 PM, Wyllys Ingersoll wrote:
> Is it possible to migrate a legacy (i..e pre-Jewel) osd device that
> was originally setup with dmcrypt keys in /etc/ceph/dmcrypt-keys to
> use the newer osd-lockbox scheme without having to destroy the osd and
> re-prepare it?

You can do it manually by mimicing what ceph-disk does. It would be nice to have a tool to do that.

Cheers

--
Loïc Dachary, Artisan Logiciel Libre

* Re: migrating dmcrypt keys ?
@ 2017-02-20 20:17   ` Wyllys Ingersoll
From: Wyllys Ingersoll @ 2017-02-20 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loic Dachary; +Cc: Ceph Development

Can you elaborate - specifically what would I look for in ceph-disk?
I would be interested in writing the migration tool if I knew where to
start digging.

thanks!

@ 2017-02-20 21:12     ` Loic Dachary
From: Loic Dachary @ 2017-02-20 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wyllys Ingersoll; +Cc: Ceph Development

On 02/20/2017 09:17 PM, Wyllys Ingersoll wrote:
> Can you elaborate - specifically what would I look for in ceph-disk?
> I would be interested in writing the migration tool if I knew where to
> start digging.

The keyword to look for is lockbox, starting from here https://github.com/ceph/ceph/blob/master/src/ceph-disk/ceph_disk/main.py#L1193 looking at the pull requests that merged this, you should have some valuable context.

Cheers