* Re: openBMC eMMC image support
       [not found] ` <b13a0e82-4f88-f35b-0d3f-8f7d6a91351b@linux.intel.com>
@ 2020-05-27 14:36   ` Adriana Kobylak
From: Adriana Kobylak @ 2020-05-27 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bodireddy, Vikram, openbmc, joel, andrew
  Cc: suryakanth.sekar, richard.marian.thomaiyar

Hi Vikram,

On 2020-05-27 09:03, Bodireddy, Vikram wrote:
> +Richard
>
> On 25-05-2020 15:29, Bodireddy, Vikram wrote:
>> Hi Andriana,
>>
>> We are working on enabling OpenBMC eMMC support for Intel platforms.
>>
>> I see that you had started on it, and enabling it for ibm platforms.
>>
>> We would like to co-work with you to get to know eMMC support status
>> and  to contribute further to complete it.

Great!

>> Can you please help with the current status of OpenBMC eMMC support?

For code update support, I’ll be pushing changes to gerrit for
phosphor-bmc-code-mgmt today/tomorrow to support eMMC.
On the build side, there are a few WIP changes that I’ll be refreshing
this week as well, will tag them as ‘mmc’ on gerrit to be able to
find them, some previous commits have the topic ‘wic’ and ‘mmc’
already but are in Abandoned or WIP, will be cleaning them up this week.
Updates to the emmc doc:
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/28443

>> Also can you let us know your availability this week for a sync
>> meeting on the same?

Ping me on IRC, any time during the day CST time, or if it's later at
night like 8/9pm CST time we can have Joel/Andrew J join us as well.

@ 2020-05-28 16:45     ` Bodireddy, Vikram
From: Bodireddy, Vikram @ 2020-05-28 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adriana Kobylak, openbmc, joel, andrew
  Cc: suryakanth.sekar, richard.marian.thomaiyar

Thanks Adriana.

I will ping you on IRC. Can you please add me and Surya to all of the
eMMC reviews.

Do we have any document on the image build changes that needed for eMMC?

@ 2020-05-28 20:50       ` Adriana Kobylak
From: Adriana Kobylak @ 2020-05-28 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bodireddy, Vikram
  Cc: openbmc, joel, andrew, suryakanth.sekar, richard.marian.thomaiyar

On 2020-05-28 11:45, Bodireddy, Vikram wrote:
> Thanks Adriana.
>
> I will ping you on IRC. Can you please add me and Surya to all of the
> eMMC reviews.

Done.

> Do we have any document on the image build changes that needed for
> eMMC?

The design doc alludes to the changes needed but does not exactly spell
out what files need to be created/changed -
https://gerrit.openbmc-project.xyz/c/openbmc/docs/+/28443

Most of the build changes are now up in gerrit for review. Leave a
comment if you have any questions or feedback.

In summary:
u-boot: Pending.
kernel: fitImage as a file in first partition mmcblk0p1 configured as an
ext4 filesystem mounted on /boot/
user space: device mappers in second partition mmcblk0p2

Secure boot will be addressed at a future iteration.